Native Access 2 "issue with the installer service" error

Options
Nicolas Laget
Nicolas Laget Member Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2023 in Native Access

Why is Native Access the only downloader I own that requires me to enter a password to install "dependencies" every time it launches?

Why is this app so very flawed? Why do I have to force quit and reinstall and try multiple times just to get it to - maybe - do what it is designed to do?

Why is this app, so central to everything Native Instrument users do, such a complete failure?

Just let users download individual libraries and install them. That is much slower and manually intensive but at least it works.

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

Because NI

• Marijn
    Marijn Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This looks much more like a security or profile problem than anything related to Native Access 2.

I've been running NA2 on MacOS 10 - 12.6.5 without problems, but have experienced problems like you explain with different software on a previous system, which had a partly damaged profile.

Reinstalling MacOS helped.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,060 mod
    Options

Hello,

have you tried all this Issues: Native Access 2: Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal (WINDOWS) — Community (native-instruments.com)? On my windows computer i added the NTKDeamon under ransomware protection to the exclusion list and it worked for me.

• Nicolas Laget
    Options

I recently reinstalled my OS. I am running the latest Mac OS.

This does not explain why Native Access is the only downloader app that causes any issue. It's really pathetic performance from a major software developer. Output, Arturia, Spitfire, 8Dio, etc... are able to create downloader apps that just work. There is no excuse for thousands of users complaining about Native Access.

I have gone through the numerous workaround and security settings suggested by NI support knowledge database.

Now the error message is about a failure of the install script. Libraries download and have a 50% chance of failing to install.

• Nicolas Laget
    Options

That's what I get. I have 5 more libraries to install. It's not working.

• Uwe303
    Options

Have you tried to contact support? Meanwhile you could also use NA1 there is a download here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/4748946468497-Downgrade-von-Native-Access-2-auf-Native-Access-1

• Uwe303
    Options

And have you tried this with na2 https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415601248657-How-to-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-on-macOS?_ga=2.216638486.1465358346.1683120322-829792636.1628180035

• MTXBeats
    MTXBeats Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

You took the words out of my mouth. Native Access is a big issue. We shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops just to download paid for products.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    edited May 2023
    Options

Just FYI: I had quite a few issues with Arturia's Software Center as well. You probably just have been lucky not to run into those.

That said, I also think that NI should make sure Native Access 2 works correctly. There have been too many issues lately. Such software has to work. It's the tool to install and activate NI's plugins.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Options

Hi @MTXBeats

I just replied in your other thread, requesting some information about the errors you receive.

Once you have sent the requested screenshots, we can take a closer look into the issue you are having.

You can also submit a support request via the following link: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install