When we can expect Traktor Pro 4.0 ?

Options
13»

Answers

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper
    Options

can confirm this from my side (just a home-DJ with real DJ-past)

when I decided, around Xmas22, to restart this DJ-hobby I went to my prefered store and looked for these Pioneer-things, cause (nearly) everyone uses it

due to "good" sales-man work we were at the point: mixer+2 singledecks = 2100€, I took a moment to let this go through my mind and went to the instore-café. Suddenly someone greets me "Hey Sarge, how´re ...blahblah" and I told to be here for DJ-Equip. He: "when I remember right you´re a big NI-fan, so explain me, why their Traktor-series isn´t what you need?" - and as you know&see the buy was changed to a S4Mk3😎+😘 and safed me 2/3 of money wich was needed totally for car-repair this year (good exchange)

so for me, there´s no need for a new model and tbh: the argument of "Wheels are too small" or so I can only say 2things for me 1) the Pioneer-wheel aren´t also not a similar feeling to Vinyl on a Technics1210! and 2) everyone has seen their size, it wasn´t something which you could only recoginze after buying 🙄

regards and have a nice sunday

The Sarge!

PS: and don´t know if it´s just the red-car-effect (buy one and then seeing nearly everyone is driving a red one too) or YT-algorhythm, but some of my prefered DJs are also using Traktor (Marc Arcadipane, Chris Liebing, Carl Cox (sometimes) etc.) 👍️

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

NI laid off HW division (mostly if not entire) and stated HW being third party developed. After that made a poll about HW which seems pointing towards X1mk3 so maybe some “old” projects (like M+) could go into production meanwhile “new” third party collabs get warp speed and become a reality… but jog vs not jog is old discussion and also size of these jogs, motorised jogs alongside Phase support…

S4mk3 is ok (in fact S8 too) for the new trend (stems) since these were designed with them in mind, not the actuals but the NI proposal. S8 was the Z2 for stems but people asked for jogs missunderstanding that its jogs were turntables (those djs using S8 back in the day were mainly 1200’s users). This was so wrong marketed that userbase asked for jogs and S2/3/4mk3 were released with new SW (TDj2) pointing bedroom djs and leaving pro market for Pioneer.

Since then (and after lay off, sales, mergings, etc…) Traktor Pro get the focus and TDj2 was ditched (and some workers moved) then the X1mk3 poll etc.

Could be it possible a new battlemixer?

Well pro segment wasn’t the focus but since NI go backwards on bedroom dj decission it will make sense.

Will it be inHouse or third party?

Well in the past NI avoid third party (in fact copied the Pioneet Djm-T1 and didn’t give Pioneer support which made Pioneer dicth NI and start building Rekordbox) but maybe NI learnt the lesson and are building partnerships with A&H or similar…

The question is…

Since NI made Traktor dongle free and it’s possible to use it with any modern battlemixer… what are users expecting or missing in competency proposals?

Thight integration, ok…

What else?

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

but I don't understand why they don't produce native mappings for all hardware on the market like virtual dj and djay pro do. there's no point in opening traktor to all hardware if you don't then create native mappings. traktor is too difficult to map for an average user.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

I guess, they want mostly sell NI's HW. Or they do not want to support users of third party HW. They woulh have to if they provided mappings.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,682 mod
    Options

Old S series hardware from NI has the MIDI mode. The new MK3 doesn't, and is sucks.

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

today i tried the new virrtual dj with pioneer rev7 and i am shocked to see how far it really is. i started 20 years ago with virtual dj and at first it was a toy compared to traktor but now i have to admit that virtual has surpassed traktor. It has all the most advanced features of Traktor and many more. furthermore it can be used with all the hardware on the market. it has a good browser with folder search. it has all streams and so many different interfaces.

let's go traktor ...react, everyone is overtaking you. soon even djay pro surpasses you.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options
  • Doc_Mario
    Doc_Mario Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

and maybe bring out a bigger Controller. In every Club I have the smallest Controller.The other DJs look like „what a tiny toy is this!?“. 😅. Anyway… bigger, Controller = more options, more space and/or bigger platters 🤷‍♂️

Especially now in future times of stems controlling

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options

just have traktor suport the FLX10 and you are done.

that is the new standard, with STEMs buttons of course.

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 61 Helper
    edited May 2023
    Options

I do not think this will ever happen.

I lost hope on new professional hardware and I will loose on Traktor Pro if promised features are not delivered in time and development slows down again as well. :-(

As long as current hardware is selling there is no reason for NI to work on new stuff. Why they should. The goal for a company is to generate a revenue stream ( and it does ) and not to make individual user happy. NI is unfortunately not targeting professionals anymore. Traktor Kontrol is for entry level user and hobbyists. There are other companies out there which are doing exactly this. Mediaplayer, separate mixer, club standard. I do not think I have to name the companies.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options

I'd kill for a single deck S4mk3.