No INPUT options in Ableton for M32

mariobroo
mariobroo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi folks!

I was trying to find the answer but I failed. Please note I'm a total newbie.

I just installed all Native Access and Komplete Kontrol software. When navigated to MIDI settings in Ableton I had no selection for INPUT/OUTPUT. I noticed directory error (red warning) in Native Access settings, fixed it, and now I got selection, but only with 'Komplete Kontrol Virtual Output' as an option.

My keyboard is plugged in using simple USB external hub. It's blinking all the time after connecting it.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

cheers!

Mario

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mariobroo
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys! Looks like USB-C in my Mac was causing a problem, when switched to another one - it worked :)

many thanks!!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited April 2023

It seems to me your M32 is not even seen by Ableton.

Is the device under Control surface the M32?

Does the keyboard get seen at least in Controller Editor (the software from NI to edit its hardwares)?

• Ikatxu
    Ikatxu Member Posts: 22 Member

What caught my eye in your description is that the keyboard is blinking all the time. When I plugin my M32 the lights go on, but nothing is blinking. If yours is it might be due to it not getting sufficient power out of the USB port. Have you done the following troubleshooting?

-Try a different USB cable

-Try plugging it directly into your computer (if your external USB hub doesn't have a power supply, it could be that the comination of devices you have plugged into it require more power that your computer's USB port can provide)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Yeah as mentioned above, sounds like a USB hub issue if the thing is flashing on/off. My guess is you have a macbook with only USB C ports so need a hub but you may need to try another hub or if you have something like a HDD connected, disconnect everything else from the hub just to see if it powers up.

Does the keyboard get seen at least in Controller Editor (the software from NI to edit its hardwares)?

Won't show up in Control Editor, only MK1 keyboards are shown in CE, MK2, M and A series keyboards are all edited within the KK software (basically the control editor is now baked into Komplete Kontyrol but only shows up when one of hte supported keyboards is connected)

• mariobroo
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys! Looks like USB-C in my Mac was causing a problem, when switched to another one - it worked :)

many thanks!!