Native Access not updating list of Products Not Installed after registering Serial Numbers

Michael R B
Michael R B Member Posts: 15 Member

I recently purchased an NI product to add to my (seemingly endless) arsenal of NI products and ran into a problem. That is, the purchase succeeded, and I was sent an email with the Serial Number. When I go through the "Add a serial" dialog Native Access claims that it successfully added the product to my list of registered products. Indeed, when I go to my manifest of products on the website, for my account, there it is.

But, when I then go to the list of Products Not Installed, it isn't there. I've tried this several times, and it's as if Native Access has cached an old manifest of products - it just isn't finding this one. Interestingly, when I poked around in my list of registered products on the website, I also found that there were a couple of them that were listed as Not Registered - so I registered them, for grins, and the same exact thing happened. Native Access said they were added (and they certainly moved from Not Registered to Registered on the website). But, Native Access is refusing to admit that they exist after that point.

I'm running what I think is the most up-to-date version of Native Access (1.14.1 (R156) on Windows 11. Has anyone else seen anything remotely like this problem? Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem? I can't find any reference to anything like this in the knowledge base, and good luck getting hold of product support via the normal channels. :-(

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

  • Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,065 Expert
    Answer ✓

    You're actually running the old, no longer maintained version of Native Access. You can download the new one below:

    Try this version and see if it's showing your products.

  • just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

    Current version is 3.3 I think so as mentioned you’re behind. If the update doesn’t work let’s us know what library is having issue.

  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,039 Expert
    edited April 2023

    I have older version installed (cause I don’t like/trust yet the new one) but I don’t have this kind of problems, so probably it’s something else

    (not saying not to update NA if you are willing to, just that it should be working also with older version)

  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,039 Expert

    Just to know… where did you find Native Access 3.3? In their site I can find only Native Access 2

  • Michael R B
    Michael R B Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2023

    Ha! Well, you're right - I guess the most up-to-date version of Native Access (at least on Windows) is now 3.3.0. Problem solved...

    (The installer says it's version 2 on the download link, but when it installs, it's clearly V3.3.0.)

  • just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

    hah yeah it’s kinda weird they still label v3 as v2 as much as they do. I guess primarily the punch line is that neither are the old v1 though. I think the 3.X might been when they fit the startup time improvements working but not certain.

    @LostInFoundation sooo you’re weren’t wrong I don’t think 😉

  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,039 Expert

    Ah ok. Got it now. Probably it is “Native Access 2 build 3.3.0” 😉

Back To Top