No sounds from FM8 FX (VST) and Reaktor 6FX (VST) on Maschine+

miknik
miknik Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hi, does anyone can use these plugins?

When i load any of them no sound i hear and tunning plugins knobs is no help, just silence but patterns are still playng..

Best Answer

• miknik
    Answer ✓

Hey) not all of NI instruments can be loaded without presets using + sign on main screen (push 4d encoder)

Kontakt and reactor produce no sound and no manageability in that way, but FM8 and Massive can be used.

But proper way to load effects and instruments via browser, in that case those plugins loading with (via) own presets. Also presets can be modified and saved.

Answers

• miknik

M+ standalone mode

• three_eyed_otter
    three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member

Change the midi channel & you'll be good to go..."Omni" is the ez route!

Have a good one,

3EO

• miknik

M+ in standalone mode and no devices is connected. Where exactly i should change midi channel and what value?

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru

I think neither is all that useful if you're loading blank patches. The connections/routing isn't there by default and I think you can't actually access them via the maschine hardware. It would be the same if you were using a closed laptop with a mk3.

You can use the presets. You can create presets on desktop and copy them over.

• miknik

Thanks, i have not an experience with m+ in controller mode. So that is a question to support? how to use FM8 FX (VST) and Reaktor 6FX (VST) in standalone mode?

• three_eyed_otter
    three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member

Sorry, completely overlooked the M+ criteria, because I had the same issue but on MK3...I have to change the midi channel in the audio/midi preferences for Reaktor & FM8 when I use them in standalone on my pc.

Have a good one,

3EO

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Hey @miknik I saw you contacted our support team. Pls update us if you find a solution to your issue.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

The FX versions don’t make any sound by themselves but — as the name suggests — are Effects by FM8 / Reaktor which can only be applied to other sounds.

• miknik
    Answer ✓

Hey) not all of NI instruments can be loaded without presets using + sign on main screen (push 4d encoder)

Kontakt and reactor produce no sound and no manageability in that way, but FM8 and Massive can be used.

But proper way to load effects and instruments via browser, in that case those plugins loading with (via) own presets. Also presets can be modified and saved.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

ah didn't know an empty plugin is loaded here. glad to hear our support team caught that. thanks for sharing!

• kleody
    kleody Member Posts: 25 Member

So... I guess that's all for this issue? No way to use the FM8 FX or the Reaktor FX in Mas+ standalone - just an empty plugin with no explanation on why it's even there in the first place? Odd

• ozon

There is no issue.

Maschine internal Synths and Effects can be loaded directly and adjusted as you like.

As already mentioned, you have to load a preset for any of the VST plugins. Mostly because Maschine does not offer controls for all of the VSTs parameters, and Reaktor always needs to load an Ensemble first for which there is no UI either.

• kleody

@ozon - ok, I missed that - but I don't exactly understand it - when I load a patch from Reaktor in Mas+ standalone am I loading an ensemble? I still don't get why there is a Reaktor 6FX in the Plugin/Instance section in the VST3/VST - Effects...

Assuming I'm loading a Reaktor ensemble when I load a patch through the browser - if I then add an effect from the Plug-in / Instance section it mutes out the patch. If, however, by loading an ensemble - you mean adding it through the plug-in / Instance button - Instrument Type - VST3 Format, then all I get is nothing - with the first 2 macro pages labelled 'MICH0Pr0 / MICH1Pr0 / ... ' etc.

If I were just in Maschine2 and loaded any software instrument I wish and added a Reaktor FX plugin like echomania - it works just fine, no issue there. But, when I'm in Mas+ standalone - I haven't the vaguest clue what effect I might be adding - the only info I can see is 'Reaktor 6FX' and if I loaded it next to a Reaktor ensemble/patch it mutes out the patch and besides, I don't even know what I'm loading - so, why would I bother doing that? which seems odd to me that it's even there in the first place.

However, it is highly possible that I have missed a vital piece of info here and / or my assumptions are completely wrong.... but it's not exactly obvious.

• ozon
    edited January 1

@kleody

when I load a patch from Reaktor in Mas+ standalone am I loading an ensemble?

When you load a Reaktor (or Monark or Prism) preset, Maschine (or Komplete Kontrol) implicitly loads Reaktor with the Ensemble for which the preset is made.

When you load the VST directly, an empty Reaktor instance is loaded where you need to have access to the Reaktor UI and menus to load an instrument or effects Ensemble. Unlike other VSTs, Reaktor is a platform to develop any kind of audio processing and does not produce or process sound just by itself. You must load an Ensemble. Which is not possible on the M+, because it doesn’t have a UI for Reaktor.

I still don't get why there is a Reaktor 6FX in the Plugin/Instance section in the VST3/VST - Effects

Me neither. IMO this menu is pretty useless on the M+, because without a preset there’s no NKS mapping for the loaded VST and therefore there’s also no UI for the loaded VST. Maybe it will make more sense with future offerings of instrument and effect VSTs (like Phasis or Raum - BTW what happens if you load those?).

• kleody

@ozon - ok, thank you for the explanation - I thought I was missing something here.

Phasis and Raum are awesome! they load perfectly - no issues there.

Yes, perhaps this will be addressed in a future fw update... if thats even possible - or just removed.