Why doesn't Plugin Alliance $29.99 Vouchers work? see checkout message

Options
LargeBeatz
LargeBeatz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Your Order

The voucher requires a specific quantity of products in your cart.

Please check the voucher requirements.

Mastering Compressor

$99.99

Delete Item

This product is not eligible for dynamic discounts.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Possibly because Mastering Compressor is already on sale. You can't use vouchers on products that are already discounted.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Possibly because Mastering Compressor is already on sale. You can't use vouchers on products that are already discounted.

• pgd222
    pgd222 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Same here - have two 'any 29.99' vouchers as part of a Komplete Ultimate upgrade, which NI took a week to issue. I tried them today on two products which are not on sale yesterday and today - one being the Amek Mastering Compressor and received the exact same message.

Native Instruments support basically said - 'nothing to do with us, contact PluginAlliance'. Of course I haven't heard anything back from PluginAlliance.

This seems very close to a con as far as I can tell as there were no clear limitations or terms and conditions listed anywhere I could see on the sales page.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,285 Expert
    Options

Are you putting ‘any 29.99’ between citation marks because you saw it written somewhere?

In this case it could be that those vouchers can be used only for plugins of that price and not to reduce the price of other plugins.

Just a speculation

• Royal Tee
    Royal Tee Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Between not being able to use any vouchers on discounted items and the fact that Collectors Editions get all the NI stuff, it absolutely feels con-ish. Although,this has been their policy now for a few years.

So not only are you gonna end up paying the same price w/ or w/o the voucher but you will be using your voucher for something you will eventually get in a future upgrade ... this really does feel a little bamboozly 🤔

And now it's the same thing w/the Plug in alliance vouchers ??

Look, the upgrade deal is still a good deal if you're gonna use all the stuff you get in the upgrade but these voucher "incentives" are truthfully a little questionable.

-JMO

• pgd222
    Options

This leaves a very bad impression for me of both NI and PluginAlliance and will be reluctant to spend money with them again. What an idiotic move from two companies that I had up to this point bought most of their offerings!

What makes it even more scam like is that not only have Native Instruments have now said it is nothing to do with us but they also seem to have changed the wording on their sales page.

Ten days ago when I bought the upgrade, the wording on their page was, as far as I can remember, the same as what is currently on the Thomann site : "Includes a 25.00 EUR voucher for the Native Instruments online shop and two 29.99 EUR "Buy any plug-in" voucher for use in the Plug-in Alliance online shop."

However today on the Native Instruments site the wording is : "Installation files, €25,00 e-voucher for the Native Instruments web shop, and one $29.99 e-voucher for the Plugin Alliance web shop*

*Exclusions apply."

So they seem to have changed to only one voucher for Ultimate instead of two, changed the 'type' of the voucher to a $29.99 e-voucher which implies that it gives you a value of $29.99 instead of the '29.99 forever' voucher which allows you to buy any plugin on their website for 29.99. Not only that the asterisk 'Exclusions apply' gives no way for you to find out what is excluded before making the purchase.

So as things stand, at the time of purchase I believed I would be able to choose two PA plugins that I didn't have and that made the upgrade definitely worth it. If it hadn't been for that I would have just updated Kontakt. The worst thing for me is now the bad faith and bitter taste it has left with both companies.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro
    Options

At least you guys received your PA vouchers. I upgraded to K14U CE about 2 weeks ago and have still not received mine. I only received a serial for the PA bundle and a $25 NI voucher.

According to the K14U CE page I should receive 3 PA vouchers:

I'm still waiting...

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro
    Options

Alright, after contacting NI support I now received my vouchers, but I'm getting the same error when I try to use them, that I need a specific quantity of products in my cart.

Ofcourse it doesn't say what that quantity is...

• pgd222
    Options

I got a reply from PluginAlliance. This is literally all it said, as if it was answering my question which was : Why are my vouchers not working?

"Newly released products are Amek Mastering compressor, Masterdesk PRO, Kiive, Lindell MBC, SBC, Looptroter Sa2urate, TBT Kirchhoff, SPL PQ, bx_Style Creator, Gig Performer, Dear VR Pro, Monitor, Oven, NI, iZo, PA EXT, and subscription bundles."

So as far as I can tell, there were limitations that the above plugins were not included in this offer, even though those limitations were not made visible in any way at the time of sale.

Lost all good faith in these two companies and will not be purchasing from either again.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You can chose plugins only from this page https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/k14_bundle.html and make separated orders for every plugin (1 order, 1 plugin, 1 voucher)

The funny thing is many of the plugins in the list you can chose from are already priced 29.99, so no need for the vouchers…or even worst: there are some that are now on offer and cost 24.99, therefore LUCKILY you can’t add your voucher since they are on offer, otherwise you would pay 5$ more for them using vouchers 😂😂😂

• Royal Tee
    Options
  • TWH
    TWH Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It was stated earlier by Monochrome "You can't use vouchers on products that are already discounted". This is the exact verbiage used in my email from Plugin Alliance:

What can I spend this voucher on?

This $249.99 voucher can be spent on anything in our store except for subscription fees. Regular products, products on sale, upgrade fees etc. That's why we call it PA Cash-Back.

So far, I can't use my voucher. Waiting for a reply back. I'm getting the message "The voucher requires a specific quantity of products in your cart. Please check the voucher requirements."

This should not be this difficult. I have spent way too much time on attempting to use this voucher. I'll update once a reply is issued.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Have you seen the screenshot I posted? Are you putting only 1 item in the order?

• TWH
    TWH Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

LostInFoundation I have not seen your screenshot (thanks for the reply) but I did resolve this issue with the assistance of PA tech support. They have changed from receiving $249.99 worth of plugins to now you choose 10 plugins (Mega Plan) to keep for life. It's actually a very good deal. I put 10 in my cart and the voucher worked perfectly. Problem fixed!

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Happy you solved.

Can I ask you where you even took a 249.99$ voucher?😶

• Royal Tee
    edited June 2023
    Options

ftr, I contacted support and they sent me mine also, quick and painless but a step we should not have to deal with.

Now, seems them vouchers are absolutely worth nothing. Especially considering it's not a voucher for a free plugin, it's a coupon for any plugin and the price is reduced to $29 PLUS the eligibility and hoops you have to do to get the cart to approve the code is kinda ridiculous. They want you to spend more money in order to make a coupon eligible. Seriously? 🤨

Funny part is the current sale they have going for is any plugin for $29 everyone regardless if there is a voucher or not. lol

Sorry, this voucher thing just leaves a super sour taste.

Everyone and their mom thought the voucher was for a free plugin or 2 or 3 based on the way it looks in the comparison details. To then after the fact say oh no, it's a reduced price deal AND it's available to everyone. Man, that's feels like the old fashioned bait and switch tactics -jmo.

Is this the new direction this company is going in? Cause that logo is gonna mean something else if they keep tactics like this up.