Maschine 2.17 update/install fails

madlick
madlick Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I had no problem running Maschine version 2.16 on my computer (Windows 11), but the update to version 2.17 fails. I tried to uninstall (what succeeded) and reinstall Maschine, but it keeps failing. I even used the registry uninstall tool from NI and I ran Native Access in Administrator Mode after computer restart. I checked file locations, they're all different as they should be. I own Komplete 14 and everything is ok except the Maschine software.

I appreciate any help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• madlick
    Answer ✓

OK, I finally fixed it by turning off Windows own "Virus and threat protection -> real time protection" software. That was never a problem before.

Thank you Reefius for your answer! :)

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 249 Pro

If you use the latest Native Access, it leaves a copy of the downloaded Maschine installer file on your computer. Try running that to see what the actual problem is because NA suppresses error messages and just shows 'Installation failed'.

• madlick
    Answer ✓

OK, I finally fixed it by turning off Windows own "Virus and threat protection -> real time protection" software. That was never a problem before.

Thank you Reefius for your answer! :)

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Well on Win 10 I've got an unsuccessfull update and a malware warning, too. Windows deleted that Maschine 2.17 file.

Glad that this had happened before deletion of the old Maschine 2.16.1.

I'll leave everything in that status and I am waiting for a 2.17.x hotfix.