what are the "real" system-requirements for Traktor Pro 3 ?

The Sarge
The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

hello everybody

the DJ-Synthcorner in my living room is nearly finished (yeah) but I´m unhappy with the only 1 screen situation:

have always turn my head 90° to the left to look on the Traktor-Track-Collection, ´cause the screen & PC are also used for office, WoW and Cubase/Maschine

so I think about using my older PC from 2012 with an Intel i7 3770k

the system requirements for Traktor only say "Intel i5 and 4GB RAM", due to the 4GB I´m unsure if NI means an up-to-date i5 or if my "old i7" is also possible

someone more details/knowledge? would be nice

thanks and have a nice weekend

The Sarge!

Best Answer

• PZZO
    PZZO Member Posts: 18 Helper
    Answer ✓

Your old i7 should work fine.

I'm running Traktor on my laptop (CPU: i7-1065g7), which has the same core count and max frequency and I'm able to run that and other software (OBS Studio) at the same time. The i7-3770k will fare much better than the i7-1065g7 since it's a desktop chip (more stable power, better cooling).

Hope that helps!

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

I had problems time from time on my very old i7 notebook. It was quadcore i7 now about 11 years old. Might be the same or near by generation like yours....

But maybe it was not because of weakness of CPU, it could be due to other reasons..... Maybe the HDD went to sleepstate or so. It was not frequent and it was not much disturbing, so I did not go to seek for cause.

At present I use quadcore i5 (10th gen) at about 2 GHz and it works just great. It is passively cooled Microsoft Surface 7 Pro.

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 28 Member

Had to use Traktor Pro till 3.6 on my old Toshiba laptop with Intel Core i5 2410 6GB RAM and SATA SSD and had no issues

• Paso
    Paso Member Posts: 3 Member

I’m using an Intel NUC i3 5th generation with 16gb ram + SSD, work’s perfectly

• Stephen Bish
    Stephen Bish Member Posts: 14 Member

I'm running Traktor2 on a 10 year old MacBook pro. I had to update the operating software to 'Catalina' to run the demo of Traktor3. Runs fine. Seems the operating software was the biggest hurdle.

• PZZO
    PZZO Member Posts: 18 Helper
    Answer ✓

Your old i7 should work fine.

I'm running Traktor on my laptop (CPU: i7-1065g7), which has the same core count and max frequency and I'm able to run that and other software (OBS Studio) at the same time. The i7-3770k will fare much better than the i7-1065g7 since it's a desktop chip (more stable power, better cooling).

Hope that helps!

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

@PZZO

thanks, that helps a lot due to the same core

I´ll give it than a try 😉

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,659 mod

I recon it is 1.8 Ghz and 4GB of ram. Could be wrong (a little)

You don't need very powerful CPU, just good hardware that doesn't introduce a ton of latenmcy between the components.