Waiting for my License Transfer

Styles01
Styles01 Member Posts: 26 Member

Hey Native Instruments!

I've been waiting for over a day for a license transfer. The seller has sent multiple emails and inquiries through your system, as have I. It's for a Maschine Plus. Unfortunately there's no online chat or phone support system so we have nowhere to turn. Can you please help this along? What's going on?

Comments

• Styles01

To follow up on this, with the Maschine Plus, you can't even boot the unit without having the license transfer in place, and you're at the mercy of NI to decide to get to it, so it would be much better if there was a live person to help you with this process somehow, otherwise we can just get lost in the sea of emails.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Maybe it's not that hard...

• Styles01

If you thought that for some reason this wasn't the first thing I did, you'd be mistaken. NI won't let you register the device without intervening to disable the previous owner's license. So you need to wait for them to unregister it from the seller, and free it up again. (You get an error message if you try within the hardware, you also get an error message if you do it from within NI Access (yes, I have the latest version downloaded and installed). We've contacted NI directly on all channels including twitter, instagram, email, support wizards and now here. Radio silence.

• Gee_Flat

I was just asking 😀 If you said that in the OP, I wouldn't be here. 😉

Anyway, good things come to those who wait. 😎 Roll one up.

• Styles01

Fair enough. I’m just annoyed. Didn’t mean to take it out on ya. Nothing worse than spending 1000$ on something and having to wait days to even plug it in cause the company has to intervene on their own schedule and they have no tech support call number or online chat anymore so they just take days to check emails. I don’t understand how they can just get rid of all manner of direct customer support. Aren’t companies that do business with the public legally mandated to have phone numbers by the better business bureau? It’s just brutal CX.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

Takes a lot to offend me, and I know how it feels to have the steam pulled out of your excitement.

I agree 100% and do feel that if a company is willing to sell 24/7 they should support it the same way, but in this instance you did do a private trade and didn't actually purchase anything from NI.

• Styles01

I mean, as you say. They are selling 24/7 - I just purchased a full license to Komplete as well.

Resale money still ends up going to them. Cause the guy who sells his MK2 is likely using that money to finance an MK3 and so on. Not to mention, the MK2 buyer is now on hardware that he’s likely to buy sample packs and soft-synths for. Once you are on the platform you’re a customer, likely for life. I don’t understand how, as you say, if you feel it’s appropriate to sell 24/7 - internationally - how you can possibly not have the associated support to match.

• Gee_Flat

OK, but did you do all the steps?

How to Import a License Transfer ID to your NI Account

1. Go to the Native Instruments website, click the user icon in the upper right and choose My account. Log in if prompted.
    2. In MY ACCOUNT, choose License transfer from the menu bar on the upper-right area of the screen. ...
    3. Read the instructions regarding License Transfer carefully.
    4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on IMPORT TO MY ACCOUNT.

• Styles01

I can't do that step cause NI hasn't approved the license transfer from the seller's side yet. I don't have any file to import.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Checked for you and saw that you've successfully registered Maschine+ now. Have fun!