Is there a similar option like "tail length" from the newer mpcs ?

Boosire
Boosire Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, so i was wondering if there is a way to fill up the tail length of a sample if it's a bit shorter than i'd want without having to timestretch it or do the whole job of duplicating a bit of the end and reversing it.

The mpcs do it even though it doesn't always sound perfect.

Otherwise i'd settle with an option like the octatrack, a ping pong loop on the tail.

I can't figure out a way to do any of these, am i missing it or it's just not there ?

Thank you=

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Nope. There's no function for tails like on MPC or even Recycle.

There's also no forward-backward / ping-pong loop option.

The Sampler is def not a priority for NI for some reason, the features you mention are classic ones and asked for many times since MAS exists, I've been around for almost a decade and can't remember a single Sampler new feature.

Besides manually copying and reversing or time-stretch you can maybe set it to ADSR and try to make a seamless loop at the end, maybe with some xfade, however, this rarely works unless it's something smooth like a Pad, and definitively won't work on drums or anything percussive.

The most common approach is to load the Sample in the Audio-Plug so it auto stretches to your BPM, resample it to another pad, and then Slice - If the Sample has some off-beat groove and you still have a gap then temporarily decrease the BPM when resampling and change it back after.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Nope. There's no function for tails like on MPC or even Recycle.

There's also no forward-backward / ping-pong loop option.

The Sampler is def not a priority for NI for some reason, the features you mention are classic ones and asked for many times since MAS exists, I've been around for almost a decade and can't remember a single Sampler new feature.

Besides manually copying and reversing or time-stretch you can maybe set it to ADSR and try to make a seamless loop at the end, maybe with some xfade, however, this rarely works unless it's something smooth like a Pad, and definitively won't work on drums or anything percussive.

The most common approach is to load the Sample in the Audio-Plug so it auto stretches to your BPM, resample it to another pad, and then Slice - If the Sample has some off-beat groove and you still have a gap then temporarily decrease the BPM when resampling and change it back after.