Purchasing a new laptop - can i install the new komplete upgrade on it without installing old?

avi.xo
avi.xo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi i currently have Komplete version 9 on my current laptop. I want to basically not have a lot of the plugins i dont use on my new laptop but i also qualify for an upgrade to komplete 14.

After purchasing my new laptop - can i log into my NI account - purchase the upgrade and install it without having to first install komplete 9 on the new device?

Hope that makes sense!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

yes this will work, you install native access on the new computer add the serial and after that you start to install what you want

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

yes this will work, you install native access on the new computer add the serial and after that you start to install what you want

• avi.xo
    avi.xo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you my friend

• MrGeeNYC
    MrGeeNYC Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Going deeper on this: So, I had Komplete 8 Ultimate on my old laptop and want to upgrade to 14 on the new one. I can DL the entire Komplete package, then? Isn't if like 60gb? This will download over the web? I previously had a stand-alone hard drive connected but don't want to do that anymore, also. But I'm basically wondering how the entire change of going to a new laptop plays out.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,097 mod

Native access will download everything you need, including the latest version of everything you have. If you're on a PC you can still plug in the old drive and it'll use what it can off that and download everything else. That doesn't work on a Mac - if you plug in the old drive it copies the data from it but the actual installation fails.

-- Mike