Can't figure out how to route Maschine audio through Traktor S4

JJHark
JJHark Member Posts: 3 Member

I'm running Windows 10, using the Traktor S4 as my main playback device and as my audio interface.

Traktor is set to WASAPI Exclusive @ 96000Hz and I can play audio to my speakers just fine out of the decks in Traktor.

I have a Maschine with the USB routed into the USB hub on the Traktor, and the driver and device preferences are set to WASAPI Exclusive and Traktor S4. The Routings for Maschine Output that are available are the S4 Main/Booth L and R and the Headphones, L and R. I'm sending the Maschine Out 1 L and Maschine Out 1 R to the Main/Booth L and R Ports.

I feel like I must be missing something simple here. I had it working before, both with and without a MIDI send/receive from Traktor -> Maschine.

If anyone can figure this one out I would much appreciate it! Thanks πŸ˜€

Best Answer

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Answer βœ“

i would use voicemeter potato... one of the best audio routing applications on Windows...

works best with Asio main driver in the A1 position....

im sure you'll figure it out, if you venture down that path

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Better to use ASIO also in Maschine. You cannot use Maschine and Traktor at the same time, this way... Only one of them will work.

To use the both you would have to use SW (virtual cable/mixer/patcher) in between Traktor and Maschine and S4.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Answer βœ“

i would use voicemeter potato... one of the best audio routing applications on Windows...

works best with Asio main driver in the A1 position....

im sure you'll figure it out, if you venture down that path