Can't drag&drop sounds in a group

psemme
psemme Member Posts: 5 Member

Re Maschine 2 v2.16.1

On this page of the NI documentation

In the Moving Sounds section it says I can move/rearrange sounds in a group by:

1. Click and hold the desired Sound slot(s) in the Sound List or in the Pad view.
  2. While holding the mouse button, drag your mouse toward the desired location in the Sound List or in the Pad view.As the mouse cursor moves an insertion line appears at the potential places where you can drop the Sound slot(s).

This does not work for me and I cannot figure out why. When I Google the issue I see this response which tells me this is not a new issue, but none of these links work due to this new NI forum site.

I would have preferred not to bother everyone with this but I can't find answers elsewhere.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• psemme
    Answer ✓

Ha - I just figured it out. If you have the pre-listen (speaker icon) function engaged, you can't drag & drop sounds. Seems pretty random but that solves the issue.

Thanks again.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Make sure that you are clicking on the name part of the sound slot and not the number at the beginning of it. I've noticed that it responds to one but not the other.

• psemme

Thanks, Peter, for the quick response. I've tried clicking and dragging/dropping on every area. I can click and drag/drop patterns just fine. It's just not working in the group section where the sounds are listed. Do you use an external mouse or the trackpad?

• psemme
    Answer ✓

Ha - I just figured it out. If you have the pre-listen (speaker icon) function engaged, you can't drag & drop sounds. Seems pretty random but that solves the issue.

Thanks again.

• nico-----pads
    nico-----pads Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hey, I've been trying to get this drag and drop issue fixed for months and if it wasn't for your comment I would have just quit maschine forever. As random of a solution it is I thank you so much for putting this up.