S2 MK 3 Microphone
How can I activate the microphone on the S2...❓
Mark_NI Customer Care Posts: 190 mod
as described in the S2 MK3 manual, the following steps need to be taken:
1. Connect the microphone into the MIC input on the rear panel of the S2.
2. Set the microphone input signal to an adequate level by turning the MIC GAIN knob on the rear panel of the S2.
3. Press the MIC button on the S2 to add the microphone signal to the MASTER signal. The MIC button brightly lights up indicating the microphone signal is added to the MASTER signal.
4. Press the MIC button again to remove the signal from the MASTER signal. The MIC button is dimly lit indicating the microphone signal is removed from the MASTER signal.0
Thank you @Mark_NI ... yes i already have read the manual. But in fact nothing happens when i press the MIC Button. Only when i root the signal through another Deck (ex. D) as a "live input" i can hear the signal on master. But you cannot switch it off. Not so good in a running gig. Nobbi0
I don't have an S2, so maybe it's different. But can you route it to AUX?
And then turn the AUX volume up in the UI. The number 1 way on this guide: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590869-How-to-Use-a-Microphone-with-the-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S4
You could also map a keyboard button that turns up deck D to 100% when you hold it. And 0 when you let lose. A push to talk kinda thing.0
Hi @lord-carlos Thanks for your help. But the S2 has no AUX input and the AUX-software channels are not active. I think they made the MIC knob especially for the possibility to use it. But i dont know why nothing happens´when i use it. Nobbi0
Mhh, you can route it to a deck like this?
But on the same page you can't route it to AUX?
AUX knob on the UI might first become active after you route something. Not sure.0
I cannot find a Solution To run the mic on the s2 mk3… Any more Ideas out there . Thx a lot Nobbi0
I've got the S2 Mk3 and my microphone works fine as the manual instructions, have you tried different microphone?0
He says it works if he puts it on a deck, so I doubt it's the microphone that causes trouble.0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 442 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 206 Tech Talks
- 1.1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 614 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 483 Reaktor
- 153 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 204 Massive X & Synths
- 211 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators