Hi Folks

How can I activate the microphone on the S2...❓

Comments

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi Nobbi,

as described in the S2 MK3 manual, the following steps need to be taken:

1. Connect the microphone into the MIC input on the rear panel of the S2.

2. Set the microphone input signal to an adequate level by turning the MIC GAIN knob on the rear panel of the S2.

3. Press the MIC button on the S2 to add the microphone signal to the MASTER signal. The MIC button brightly lights up indicating the microphone signal is added to the MASTER signal.

4. Press the MIC button again to remove the signal from the MASTER signal. The MIC button is dimly lit indicating the microphone signal is removed from the MASTER signal.

• Nobbi
    Nobbi Member Posts: 36 Member

Thank you @Mark_NI ... yes i already have read the manual. But in fact nothing happens when i press the MIC Button. Only when i root the signal through another Deck (ex. D) as a "live input" i can hear the signal on master. But you cannot switch it off. Not so good in a running gig. Nobbi

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

I don't have an S2, so maybe it's different. But can you route it to AUX?

And then turn the AUX volume up in the UI. The number 1 way on this guide: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590869-How-to-Use-a-Microphone-with-the-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S4

---------------------

You could also map a keyboard button that turns up deck D to 100% when you hold it. And 0 when you let lose. A push to talk kinda thing.

• Nobbi

Hi @lord-carlos Thanks for your help. But the S2 has no AUX input and the AUX-software channels are not active. I think they made the MIC knob especially for the possibility to use it. But i dont know why nothing happens´when i use it. Nobbi

• lord-carlos

Mhh, you can route it to a deck like this?

But on the same page you can't route it to AUX?

AUX knob on the UI might first become active after you route something. Not sure.

• Nobbi

I cannot find a Solution To run the mic on the s2 mk3… Any more Ideas out there . Thx a lot Nobbi

• shiveringgoat
    shiveringgoat Member Posts: 10 Member

I've got the S2 Mk3 and my microphone works fine as the manual instructions, have you tried different microphone?

• lord-carlos

He says it works if he puts it on a deck, so I doubt it's the microphone that causes trouble.

• Mister Hayman
    Mister Hayman Member Posts: 34 Member

Did you see a pop up to allow access to the microphone?

• Mister Hayman
    Mister Hayman Member Posts: 34 Member

Did you manage to get it working?

• Nobbi

Not really … i Connect the mic on a separate Mixer 🙃

• MichaelK_NI
    MichaelK_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

Hi @Nobbi , this problem might be related to the latest Traktor update. We are currently working on a fix for this. Which version of Traktor are you using?

cheers

Michael

• djfeetback
    djfeetback Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hi Michael, I was facing the same problem (MIC button not lighting up), since last November, when I had to found out in the middle of a wedding gig. This was a very awkward situation. Now after my holiday, back on track, I googled it up and ended up in Nobbi's post. It's not the first time NI leaves me puzzled with something that nearly always can be solved with an update. This time as well. Why oh why does NI not inform me about these updates and why of why do the existence of updates leave my Traktor malfunctioning?

Looking forward to your reply.

with kind regards,

Sacco