Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3

Comments

• 67maxx
    67maxx Member Posts: 17 Member

Thank you very much Kymeia, I was really upset. You made my day ;)

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

Yes. I am not at liberty to share that date, but it is several weeks away.

If they're selling and shipping it prior, this contravenes normal procedure for any given hardware product launch, and puts customers in a difficult spot. Particularly as it's possible that depending on the timing, they're being sent hardware that wasn't intended for general sale and might already require repair (the hardware that is intended for general sale is being sent to retailers on an ongoing basis).

I think we've heard of about 10 to 15 units that were inadvertently shipped out, three of whom were reported here, the rest to our support team. Never a dull moment.

Yeah the cable is 6 ft.

• Thomas Tjarnberg
    Thomas Tjarnberg Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2023

My comments will not post! I click "Post Comment" and it never shows up and goes to my drafts. How do I make the comment show up? I'm logged in to my account. Maybe it is too long?

• Matthew_NI

That's really strange. Maybe try posting a shorter comment, since this once worked. Or, DM me the full comment, and I can repost and answer publicly.

• Matthew_NI

Yes - you could use Kontrol S MK3's MIDI out into Push 3's MIDI in. You would get the basic MIDI functionality, but not the NKS experience.

• Matthew_NI

Exactly as @Kymeia says:

• Forthcoming content will continue to be both NKS 1 and NKS 2 compatible
    • Kontrol S MK3 can load either
    • Kontrol S MK1, 2, A and M series can load NKS 1

To the other thought on graphics - vendors will be shipping updated graphics with their installers to show up on the new keyboard. These are additive to the older graphics, and both must be included. Partners have access to a design app that render all the assets automatically for them. For VST vendors that have not yet done this, we have placeholder artwork. For most Kontakt instruments we know of, we've already coordinated and implemented new artwork.

• Matthew_NI

Feel free to DM me and we can also go more in depth.

Nothing is confidential, it would just get a little off topic for the AMA.

• Matthew_NI

Le sigh.

You're one of the 10-15 customers who received units shipped weeks and weeks before they were supposed to. Based on the timing, those units are not intended for general sale. Fine for demo units, etc, but may potentially have a hardware defect we've already fixed in the units that will be for general sale. In addition to which, none of the software required to register and run the keyboard is publicly available. Because nor is the keyboard supposed to be.

Apologies for this. Could you please DM me with your contact information, and the retailer information, and I'll put you in touch with our support team for a resolution?

• mchantzi
    mchantzi Member Posts: 23 Member

In my implementation for the MK2 I've made extensive use of double-clicking some buttons. You can think about this way, too, double-click to select the track. Furthermore, long presses could be used to select multiple tracks inside the project.

• Matthew_NI

Thanks for another great question!

Aftertouch can be used to drive interactions with the Arp, yes. This can be enabled or disabled, as desired. And of course the Aftertouch itself can be switched between Off/Mono/Poly.

• Matthew_NI

Not at launch for DAW control, no. The connection to Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol should work, but we haven't tested in Sonar.

This discussion has been closed.