How do I make octave runs work?

Sam Burnett
Sam Burnett Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 22 in Kontakt

Hi

I'm using Symphony Series String Ensemble but can't work out how to make 'octave runs up' articulation work.

Any tips?

Regards

Sam

Best Answer

• Sam Burnett
    Answer ✓

Hey thanks Uwe

I realised all I was getting wrong is not adding in enough notes in the octave to get a convincing run.

Many thanks!

Sam

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

Hello,

what do you mean specifically?

• Sam Burnett

I’ve tried putting a key switch in Logic’s piano roll below a midi note but I’m not sure how to get an octave run. Do I have to enter more midi notes?

thanks for your swift reply

sam

• Uwe303
    edited August 2023

here i set the octave run to F6 (lowest trigger key) if you now set F6 and some notes below in the right octaves it should work. But some triggers work better if set a bit ahead!! You can of course set the trigger keys lower if you want with key setting left from velocity range.

• Sam Burnett
    Answer ✓

Hey thanks Uwe

I realised all I was getting wrong is not adding in enough notes in the octave to get a convincing run.

Many thanks!

Sam

• Uwe303

So you created your "own" run by using many short notes? You don't have to cause you can do that with a run expression/preset with just two notes, one triggering the phrase and one playing the (base) note. But if it now works and you are happy everything is fine.

• Sam Burnett

Yeah it worked for me with more trigger notes. No idea. Perhaps a Kontakt / Logic issue but however, thank you for your guidance

Sam

This discussion has been closed.