Traktor Pro 3 Now scans my library

Quade
Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Good Day

To Whom It may Concern

I am taking a chance here if ever I'd get a reply.(Directed to the Dev team)

For the weirdest reason, On Saturday Traktor Worked Absolutely perfect, running the program & having my hardware connected & enjoyed the Saturday Night.

All Of A Sudden yesterday, Every Single time I run traktor ( Both my HP & Fujitsu Laptops ) Traktor now scans my entire library, not analyzing, just scanning my music library.

Before any further questions are asked, Yes i have been running the Latest Beta version up until yesterday (Sunday) traktror has been working perfectly ( No I have not fiddled with any of my settings, they have been set accordingly & Yes I have a back-up copy in the event something has Accidentally been changed)

Yes, I have downgraded to 3.8.0 now, I am experiencing the same & YES, I am experiencing the same results on my work computer now as well.

Has anyone else perhaps encountered this issue recently?

I would appreciate the Feedback.

Warm Regards

Quade

What you are currently seeing is screenshots taken from my work pc whcih I just downgraded to 3.8.0 & as you can see , in the screenshots my entire library is being scanned.

These are my settings & none of them has been changed.

Comments

• Quade

I think this task may be resolved.

An issue of this importance does not seem to matter, As i mentioned earlier, I am taking a chance but i have been proven correct.

I'll try find other means to reolve this task on my own.

Thank you In Advance for the assistance.

Go Well

• Quade

Task Resolved

Took an old back-up whcih I had in zip format & had to delete my entire updated database, replaced with the old database & lost all work which I have to start all over again.

Thank you for your assistance NI Team.

Go Well

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Quade! Glad to hear the issue is fixed.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

Did more recent auto-backups from the traktor backup folder not work?

• Quade

Issue has not been resolved, all the work that has been done I will have to redo all over again.

The backup I have is quite an old back-up & had to update my music library 1st with all the music in their respected folders.

I hope no other DJ has to go through this which I have just had to go through. It's a pain & time consuming to edit the tracks again.

I do hope for future concerns this issue gets addressed not to repeat itself for any other DJ's.

Thanks For The Assistance NI, this task may be resolved as nothing has been looked into.

Regards

Quade

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

Traktor creates a backup with every close, did you try any of them?

• OS X: Macintosh HD > User > *Your Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection
    • Windows: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209590729-How-to-Restore-the-TRAKTOR-Track-Collection-from-a-Backup

• Markovicz

My apologies, I obviously misinterpreted you saying "task resolved".

I am eager to hear what @lord-carlos asked before in regards to other collection backup files. Thanks already!

• Quade

What lord Carlos has mentioned was the very 1st thing I did, hence I didn't bother including it. That did not solve the issue. As I have mentioned in the steps I have taken, none of the possible solutions have worked for me.

I have gone through the roots of understanding Traktor Pro very well to know what to do.

Again, thanks for the efforts of assisting.

Regards

• Markovicz

So to sum it up:

With your current collection file, you experience the scanning behavior. With certain collection backups as well. At a certain point in history, a collection backup has been created you are not facing the issue with.

Is this correct?

• Quade

As I have mentioned, I have made a back-up which is quite an old back-up early this year, which I had zipped just in case I encounter any issues, I have not done so in a while due to work load so hardly had some time after updating my music library, as mentioned regarding what I have encountered, it has just been thee most weirdest thing ever, 1st in my case.

Any history back-up I used, Traktor scans my library as soon as I open Traktor up. I tested on my work pc, after testing on both my laptops I use to DJ with & the same problem occurred on my work pc. I had then deleted my database (even renamed the database folder) Uninstalled Traktor completely, scanned for any left over files, deleted them & tried to download Traktor Again, during this time tho, Traktor had not used my license to activate it & Traktor was being used as Demo version(but I eventually found the problem & managed to activate Traktor)

I had run Traktor for its first time again, closed Traktor, renamed my database to the version I had installed & no luck - Traktor started scanning my library again.

So after I had then decided to deleted the updated database & extracted the old database, renamed it to the current installed version & that worked.

Somehow I suspected there may have been some flaw in the development (I don't know) but I am not sure what else to inform you about this.

At this moment, have downloaded the lasted RC 3.9.0 version & I am not experiencing any problems as yet.

Unfortunately now I have to go through & edit my music again.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Warm Regards

Quade