Native Instruments new brand identity

Comments

• Gob
    Gob Member Posts: 19 Helper
    edited May 2023

What happens when you let your interns run amok.

• DjAnibal Laracuente
    DjAnibal Laracuente Member Posts: 22 Member

Very nice and simple at the same time. Easy to look at. Very good job. We hope that Traktor will also have a new logo.😁

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

I'm with D-One the R looks totally out of place like it was a place holder for some other thing and they forgot to swap it or something.

the N or is it still NI? See there's the issue. It's like they tried the the Kia thing and dropped the K. Kia 'IA' looks so much like the new N / NI. Or maybe it's a nod to A.I. coming from Izotope?

It's sort of an assumption that It's supposed to be NI because out of context I'm not sure people will get it.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited May 2023

I could imagine that the new logo would look very nice on a brand new Z2 MKII 🤓

But yeah, the "R" is a mess and why always pushing the letters on one axis (condensed, or whatever)? it would never fit with a normal (regular) Font Type.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro

I like the new logo, modern look.

• moai
    moai Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2023

Honestly, the logo screams "Artificial Instruments". The N is barely recognizable because it's too abstract, it clearly reads AI.

The fonts of Komplete and Native Instruments are not in line with the logo, it makes no sense to me, and the /NI on top of each product makes it even more confusing and difficult to read. The R in Native Instruments is the worst part of it, as other users have said, and the K in Kontakt looks quite bad as well.

I believe that simplifying and flattening the previous logo would look way better, plus you already have a logo that everyone in the industry recognizes.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

I am dubious about the logo. Too abstract. I would have continued the N to make it a real N

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    edited May 2023

Yeah, not digging that new logo at all personally. Looks like a child has drawn AI with a texter, kind of has a paintbrush vibe to it.

The original logo was fine!

• JesterMgee

Not a fan of the new logo, seems an intern was given 5 minutes to design it so grabbed the closest texter. 100% prefer the old style I have grown accustomed to for a decade, but we all know these choices are never about the current users.

• JesterMgee
  • toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper
    edited May 2023

I thought it was AI.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 491 Pro
    edited May 2023

It's the new Algebra, people.

N = AI

Now solve for N in a minor key.

Or maybe the AI means "All Instruments". Hey, we can get Heavyocity here, we can get Izotope here, we can get 14 different orchestras, including a kazoo-based orchestra and another one based on the mating call of the male Australian puffin. We can get almost everything made now for the NKS standard, and most of it can be bought right from the N...er "AI" site. So it all plays in Kontakt. I'm sorry, I should have spelled Kontakt as "<0AI+@<+".

But yeah, AI = All Instruments. World domination. Soon all restaurants will be Taco Bell. How many restaurants are there? Why there are N restaurants, of course!