Where is a list of all instruments within Kontakt 7

Bobby Rothschild
Bobby Rothschild Member Posts: 32 Member

I keep discovering new instruments hidden within Kontakt 7. For example, there are tablas and djembes in the Acoustic section. These are not shown on the front page of the Acoustic collection. I want to see a complete list of what's 'underneath' the front pages of Vintage, Choir, Orchestra etc.

I'm not referring to the Play Series which are included when you purchase Kontakt 7.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

Not sure what you mean here @Bobby Rothschild You can see all instruments available in both Kontakt views:

You can navigate each main section.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Are you talking about the Kontakt factory library?

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

This is a list of the 1270 instruments included in the Kontakt 6 factory library.

I don’t know exactly what are the differences with Factory Library 2, but I’m almost sure I can safely presume they didn’t change all 1270 of them (😏) so surely this list is quite accurate

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Btw: to Native Instruments…you could include this list somewhere in your site. Users could be interested in knowing what is inside their library, specially now that you are selling Kontakt factory library 2 separated from Kontakt

• Bobby Rothschild

I will repeat my question, but before I do, I am not seeking to know the instruments in Kontakt 6.

I am trying to find a list of the instruments/samples that are within Acoustic, Vintage, Bands, Beats, Orchestra, Choir, and Synths.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

These are the instruments that were in Kontakt 6 and now are in Kontakt 7. But if it’s not ok for you, no problem. I don’t think the list you are looking for exists. Even the one for K6 has been made by a user, not by NI itself

• Bobby Rothschild

I definitely will. It's funny to me that the marketing for Kontakt 7 shows the screens for Acoustic, Beats, etc., which means they're selling K7 largely on these new instrument samples and yet there is no specific list for them. I don't even know what to make of that!

Thank you for responding, LostinFoundation

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

They are not new instruments. They are just new categories under which they wrapped the instruments, most of which probably are the same like in previous version.

I’m not saying that Factory library 2 doesn’t have anything new, but I’m sure they didn’t change 1270 instruments…

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Not sure what you mean here @Bobby Rothschild You can see all instruments available in both Kontakt views:

You can navigate each main section.

• Bobby Rothschild

Jeremy - I spent weeks (literally) working with the folks in your tech support department trying to get the Factory Library 2 to show up in the Rack View within Kontakt 7. No one was able to make it work. So I've let this go. I'm curious if anyone else (outside of NI) has the Factory Library 2 show up in the Rack View.

• LostInFoundation

Wait…this is what you meant? Of course you can see them there. How do you even load them if you don’t see them?

I thought you were asking for a complete list, that’s why I searched it for you

• Bobby Rothschild

Nope, can't get the Factory Library 2 to show up in Rack View. I do get K7 instruments in Acoustic, Orchestra etc. if I search for a sample that I know will come up in K7 (like the Choir samples). I repeat, I cannot get the FL2 to show up in the Rack View within K7.

I spent over 2 weeks, every day, going back and forth with NI, and they never succeeded in getting the Factory Library 2 to show up.

• LostInFoundation

So…now that I know this is the problem, it sounds a lot like all the problems users are having lately with installations made by the latest versions of NA2

• Jeremy_NI

@Bobby Rothschild I've checked in our system and could not find a ticket from you regarding this issue (except the one you submitted a few days ago), maybe you used a different email? If you can share the request number I could check it out.

Just to double check, if you go in Kontakt's preferences -> Libraries, is the Kontakt Factory Library 2 ticked?

• Bobby Rothschild

I have KFL2 in Native Access, but I don't have KFL2 in my Options list.

• Bobby Rothschild

Jeremy - regarding the emails that I had with NI Support about this problem, my past ticket # is 3589566.