Kontakt doesnt open in old project after switching to Kontakt 7

FinnEdl
FinnEdl Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

So ive recently upgraded my Pc and with it had to reinstall everything and also updated my FL studio (from 10 to 11) and to Kontakt 7 (i think i was using kontakt 5 before, might have been 6) aswell.

But now whenever i open my old Projects (where i was still using the old Kontakt) the presets and Kontakt in general doesnt open correctly because it is not being found.

Ive downloaded all the possible Kontakt players I have in my Native Access, from where ive also back then downloaded Kontakt.

I read that the issue is probably because the old Kontakt uses .ddl files, while the new uses .vst3 files, though im not sure how to fix this problem correctly and if there is a way for FL-Studio to replace the old Kontakt with the new one or if i have to somehow reinstall the old kontakt to open older Projects and start using Kontakt 7 for my future projects.

and solutions and input is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,265 Expert

Check around in the forum, you’ll find other threads talking about this

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

if it says kontakt then it is kontakt 6 vst2, be sure that fl studio has scanned it and it is in your vst list, then it should work again.

• FinnEdl

so i have kontakt 7 and just kontakt (this one is also vst3 as ive found in my data foulder). and it is scanned and i can open it seperatly. only whenever i open old projects then the kontakt isnt found. so i dont thin that is the problem. is there a way to download the ddl for kontakt because i only have .vst3 files for it and ive read that this obviously doesnt work then when opening old flps?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

As I said you have to show your DAW the vst2 version/folder - i tried right now to install kontakt 6 and had vst3 and vst2 available.

• FinnEdl

i found an .ddl on my old harddrive which i was able to use and everything works fine now. Thanks!!!