Midi not returning sound from kontakt to keyboard

Grambo
Grambo Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, Im hoping someone can answer this. I have a keyboard about 7 years old and am using it to connect to kontakt on my computer via usb. It connects to kontakt just fine and I moniter with headphones but I want to return the sound to the keyboard so I can use the jack in the keyboard to send it to my hardware recorder. The keyboard shows in "midi" in kontakt but does not show in the "audio" preference in kontakt so I cant select it to return the sound from computer to keyboard. It only gives me the soundcard option in audio. Am I missing something or is it that the keyboard is too old. Thanks for any help.

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Probably your midi keyboard doesn’t act like an audio interface for youtr computer if it doesn’t appear in the audio preferences. Does the keyboard itself produce its own sounds? In this case probably its audio jacks are only for using it without any computer.

If on the contrary you KNOW it acts as an audio interface for computers, you could have to install its drivers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

…or an audio interface, if you like the feel of your actual keyboard

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Probably your midi keyboard doesn’t act like an audio interface for youtr computer if it doesn’t appear in the audio preferences. Does the keyboard itself produce its own sounds? In this case probably its audio jacks are only for using it without any computer.

If on the contrary you KNOW it acts as an audio interface for computers, you could have to install its drivers

• Grambo

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it produces its own sounds. Looks like I need a new keyboard. I know newer keyboards can do both. Cheers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

…or an audio interface, if you like the feel of your actual keyboard

• Grambo

Thanks for the idea of trying an audio interface. You are brilliant! I had one on hand. Took a bit of messing around to find out which inputs went where but I got there. Needed an adaptor because my modern computer only had one usb A input and I needed 2 (why do they do that?) but I got there so no need to buy a new keyboard although now Im thinking about it! Cheers and thanks again.

• LostInFoundation

Happy you saved some money 👍🏼