How can I cut my Scarbee MM-Bass midrange EQ?

JASPER
JASPER Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited November 2022 in Kontakt

I don't know what is wrong with my MM BASS, I want to adjust my EQ individually, but all three will cut or boost at the same time. I don't know whether I accidentally did something wrong to my preset or not.

here is the video of my problem

TKS you guys, ill appreciated for your help

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey there, there seems to be another Kontakt instrument loaded before MM Bass. Can you reproduce the problem with only Scarbee Bass loaded in Kontakt? When there are too many automation IDs, more than 500, this kind of things can happen. You can check automation assignments in this menu:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

have you maybe midi mapped them to the same midi cc, if that's even possible?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey there, there seems to be another Kontakt instrument loaded before MM Bass. Can you reproduce the problem with only Scarbee Bass loaded in Kontakt? When there are too many automation IDs, more than 500, this kind of things can happen. You can check automation assignments in this menu:

• JASPER
    JASPER Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Uwe303 what is midi map?😥

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

You can control knobs or buttons with your DAW or a midi controller, and in order to be able to do that you sometimes have to map/learn a knob

• stekra
    stekra Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023

deleted ---

• Vilming
    Vilming Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I experience issues similar to those of OP with Scarbee Pre-bass, Pre-bass Amped, MM-bass and MM-bass Amped (though not with Jay-Bass). The symptom is whenever I move a "round control" with my mouse (e.g. Bass/Middle/Treble from the EQ menu, or Release/Fretnoise/PU hits/PU clap from the Noise Levels menu), they seem to move together as a locked group - it's not possible to change the value of an individual knob without moving the others in the same group by the same amount.

Doing some testing with various systems I found this seems to be a VST3 issue. I created a separate session with only a single instance of Kontakt/Scarbee bass to eliminate any issues with my particular session. I just updated to Kontakt Player 7.3.0 today, so results for Kontakt 7 Player are for this version, though I had same issue prior to updating.

Results:

Studio One Professional 6.1.1

• Kontakt 7 Player (VST3): Same issue
    • Kontakt 6 full (VST3): Same issue
    • Kontakt 5 full (VST2): No issue
    • Kontakt 7 Player embedded inside Komplete Kontrol: Same issue

Cubase Elements 12.0.60

• Kontakt 7 Player (VST3): Same issue

Pro Tools Studio 2023.3

• Kontakt 7 Player (AAX): No issue

Kontakt 7 Player stand-alone: Same issue

Komplete Kontrol stand-alone with Kontakt 7 Player: Same issue

I'm on Windows 10 and using a Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 keyboard, though I assume this may be of little relevance, since issue appears when using mouse to change controls. I don't yet have the full version of Kontakt 7.

I find Scarbee sounds are mostly fine as they come out of the box, so not a show-stopper for me, except I'd prefer to have individual control of Fret noise. Hope someone could test whether they see the same on their system to confirm or reject. Based on results above, my hypothesis is that this is a VST3-only bug isolated to the 4 Scarbee products mentioned above.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

@Vilming Nope, can't reproduce that in K7 Player.

• Vilming
    Vilming Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks, @Gee_Flat, for taking the time to check. That made me do some more testing, and I have found that, upon loading the instrument, 7 of the controls are auto-mapped to Host Automation #0511 (a few others are mapped to other #'s as well). Deleting these mappings makes the individual knobs work normally again. Having found a workaround I just need to read the manual and figure out how to avoid the controls getting mapped to Host Automation in the first place.

Thanks again!

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Yeah, if you look at the host automation tab in Kontakt you will see EQ is assigned to param #000-002. It's the only Scarbee I have, but I assume others are similar. Remove those and save under a new name.