Goodbye Metapop, I'll miss you🙏

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

What’s Metapop?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    edited April 2023

Really? You’re giving me sad news. It was a nice platform in any case, even if I used it sporadically. But the prizes for the contests were always appealing (if you don’t already own everything and Komplete collector). And also only getting stems from the songs was interesting

Well…another NI (or affiliates) project failing…sad story for them: Sounds.com didn’t work, Metapop didn’t work…

If I were them, I would focus on what they did very good in the past and made NI grows to be one of the industry leader: hardware/software integration.

Oh…wait…this is exactly what they are slowly abandoning…

Questioning your choices maybe is required, dear NI…

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

It is (or better WAS now) a platform allowing to publish our productions that was also promoting a lot of contests (remix this, use this NI pack/instrument to produce something and so on) with a lot of prizes from the catalog of NI (hardwares, softwares,…)

Native Instruments was officially/unofficially behind it (a little bit like for Sounds.com)

• TvMcC
    TvMcC Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2023

Metapop was a social site that hosted competitions from various sources such as producers, records labels, software companies, post-production houses, and so on. It allowed users to create groups, upload songs onto their profiles, and engage with users all around the world.

NI also got involved with the site, and attempted to help foster it's 250k user base.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

I would say MORE than involved. ALL prizes were from NI, ALL packs were from NI (except naturally the stems from artists’ songs). Did you ever see a competition with sounds from other companies (or prizes)?

And, casually, now in their “goodbye post” they invite to come here, in the NI community…

Yes… I would definitely say MORE than involved ☺️

• LostInFoundation

And..wow..this is an info that could be useful to all the users: if you have tracks there that you want to download, they give us time only till the 30 April. Hurry up!

• Brokennomads
    Brokennomads Member Posts: 3 Member

How sad Metapop is going away ☹️ It was a great platform with nice members.

• denchk
    denchk Member Posts: 14 Member

It was really great and friendly community, also I got my Komplete Ultimate from one of the competitions. It was a nice time, but everything is changing. Keep going :)

• LostInFoundation

So…you must be a good producer if you won a competition 👍🏼

Finally I meet one of the phantomatic winners 😂

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Good ones always say they are “just lucky”. It’s to not reveal their secrets 😉

• The Fealdo Project
    The Fealdo Project Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

I have been reading the message from Metapop and became depressed. Metapop was for me the best experience ever (beside of my marriage). Thank You so much Metapop for the empowerment and goodby all my 50 musical Metapopfriends over the globe. It becomes difficult beeing in touch. I understand that the investement was large for NI, but why doesn't Metapop continue with a subscription/payed model?

The Fealdo Project

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Just leaving the link here since so far no one bothered to post it:

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Probably will be substituted with the new feature/platform announced at Traktor Beta.

Maybe not all hopes lost.

• Kenny
    Kenny Member Posts: 5 Member

Has anyone been able to download their tracks from Metapop? I have tried to download my tracks click on the button download as .wav and I can't download any of my tracks. I also tried the mp3 and I can't download that either. All I get is a blank page.