Native Access not downloading and updating

flyingfox
flyingfox Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

Hi, I have a new Mac and yes it is a M1 and yes it is because of the new machine and other software on monterey. I also have an iMac with intel and yes I need also to be here on monterey. All is working but sind last week native access does not download everything, native access do not update nothing.

NI please update we need a complete working software. Native access is since beginning a complete nightmare for me. It would be better to provide download packages instead.

Does anyone else has problems or a solution how to donwload updates with native access on monterey?

Thanks for help

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited February 2022

Hi @flyingfox can you take screenshots of error messages so we understand better what is meant by Native Access not downloading everything/updating nothing?

If it's Native Access itself failing to update (not products), these steps here usually help: Native Access Crashes or Freezes (Mac)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Also don't forget you'll need Rosetta to use Native Access on Monterey: Mac compatibility

• trevortunes
    trevortunes Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited February 2022

I have finally figured out why my Native Access would not download anything. It would constantly stall when trying to download any of the NI products. At some point in updating software - not sure if it was my OSx or Native Access - Native Access was trying to connect to the internet through my Local Ethernet connection instead of my WiFi network.

My Ethernet only connected two computers together for use of Vienna Ensemble Pro and had no connection to the internet. Even though the WIFI Port/icon was at the top of the Network List in my Network Preferences, Native Access still wanted to use the wired ethernet connection.

As soon as I disconnected the Ethernet cable Native Access started downloading and installing like a champ.

I hope this helps.

• Hagen Kaiser
    Hagen Kaiser Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2023

Hi @flyingfox,

I can second this. Same behavior on my Mac M1. updated to Sonoma. Just checked back to NA for Updates. Software did a self-update. Now downloads/updates don't start.

I get no Error Messages. For Example Control Editor switches to Queued. Below there is a menu that says "Starting". When I pull it up it's empty. When I restart NA I can go to Updates -> Downloads: I see Controller Editor. With a playButton and cross Button. So it seems like the download is paused.

When I press Play nothing happens. When I press the cross, removing work as expected.

Does the link from @Kaiwan_NI help? Honestly NI. This is a really tedious procedure you propose here, that is pretty static and deterministic btw. Why no Uninstaller-Script for this?

• thespade
    thespade Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Exact same problem as @Hagen Kaiser

• Marleen Vos
    Marleen Vos Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 28

Same here on a mac mini m2 pro. I have contacted support in the past about this, but they couldn't do anything. They even offered me to download the updates from a google drive...

Now in Native Access, there are updates to Analog Dreams and Ethereal Earth, and both seem to hang near the end of the download for days. It just says 'download failed'. Clearing the queue restarts at nearly-finished downloads, but ends again in 'download failed' with downloaded amount being the same as total amount to download.

Pressing the play icon tries again, resulting in 'download failed' again. Usually I can get updates in with retrying less than 50 times or so, but these two have been stuck for days. I'm really sick of it. All other companies seem to have no issue at all with their updaters. It's 2024, this should be a resolved problem. I'm really starting to regret ever putting money down for NI.

@NI, if you read this: FIX native access... or rename the app to Native Inability to Access.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 998 Guru
    edited February 28

I've just opened Native Access here, and there was a product update available.

I clicked on the update button which downloaded and installed in the update under ten seconds - so there's nothing wrong with Native Access (using Windows 11 on PC).

From past posts, there are some people who've solved download issues by using a VPN. Also worth checking that you have enough free space on your system.

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited February 28

I killed the non-working downloads, disconnected ethernet in favour of wifi and browsed to AD and EE on the instruments tab where I chose reinstall and it worked. Not sure if it was the ethernet or the reinstall (instead of update) that worked. NA2 continues to be mostly useless.

• LaurenceLZ
    LaurenceLZ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

for any macOS 14.x.x or M1 -M2 or M3 folks

I just followed a comment about turning off private relay in your iCloud settings and I got the updates to happen. I did turn on private relay after the updates

Try that approach and see what happens. Also, I did the select the folder and did the command "i" ( get info ) and made sure everyone access was set to read and write.

good luck

laurence