Questions about Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst Deluxe

ProfessorChaos
ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor

Sometimes I find a song I really like and I know won't get sick of listening to over and over and I put it on an audio track at the top. Then I start listening to sections and guess the notes and what instruments they used, so I can try to "replicate" that as close as possible with my virtual libraries.

This are learning projects that I started dozens of and someday I'll finish but they're fun to do and I learn tons of new things every time, and it's a good opportunity to learn more about all the libraries and instruments I have. Usually these are more the orchestral type, with strings, brass, etc.

But the one I'm working on now is the first track from Michael Giacchino's "Thor: Love and Thunder" score, which mixes orchestral and rock, with an electric guitar backing track and then another one as a solo guitar. I'm attaching a very small part of it so you get an idea.

I recently got Komplete 14 so I thought I'd check out the electric guitars it comes with, and see if I could learn more about the new system that many Kontakt instruments have now, with the automatic playback of patters that you load in the eight slots.

And I learned quite a bit, but I went through the whole list of strums in the pattern browser, and I got a couple that kind of fit, but don't really feel right.

I may be totally wrong about this, but the rhythm track to me goes something like:

0 0 0 0 0 000 0 0 0 0 000 0 0 0 0 000 and so on. But my ear is not the best and it's a bit too busy in that section for me to tell for sure.

So if anyone here can help me detect the right rhythm I would really appreciate, even more if you can tell me which pattern in the browser matches this, if indeed there is one, because I have listened to all of them, and the closest I can find is 39 Rock School, but one of the notes goes higher, and this to me sounds like it's all C2s.

I was wondering if these patters are closed and you can only chose them or if you can get in there and change whatever you want and save as something else. All I could find was this kind of editor:

I noticed I can shift the pattern back and forth, or trim it, but nothing else I could find. Well, the tempo, which would be useful if it was actual tempo, but in that case is only 1:1, 1/2 or 2x.

So, is it possible to edit the patterns to let's say, change those dots around so you can put them as you want, and perhaps change the tempo a bit? I noticed that when I had "link to song" checked, it wasn't really in sync with the song, but when I unchecked it, it became better, if not perfect.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I love this song and I'd love to be able to learn it as much as possible.

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

All of the patterns are fixed in performance other than the modifications you have discovered already; shift, end, and tempo multiplier.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

All of the patterns are fixed in performance other than the modifications you have discovered already; shift, end, and tempo multiplier.

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor

Thanks Brad, at least now I don't have to keep trying to find something that doesn't exist.

As for the pattern, can anyone please listen to that file I uploaded? It's just a minute long at the most, but I can't find the pattern, and it seems to me that it's a pattern common enough that it should be there, because I have listened to it in many songs over the years, I just can't remember which ones exactly.