Why no better price on KK keyboards for Komplete 14 std owners ?

CSurieux
CSurieux Member Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete General

Hi,

Why the owners of Komplete 14 Std can't buy a KK Mk2 S series without buying another Komplete license ?

Shouldn't it exist a better offer ?

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Because you are not buying another license, you are buying hardware that just happens to come with some included software. Guess you could sell your Komplete 14 Standard to make some money back if you feel you don't need it.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@JesterMgee is right.

The pricing of the keyboard has no relation to our Komplete bundles. You're buying a hardware and not another Komplete bundle. Which the keyboard included KSelect, all the software bundled with hardware are free add-ons.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

Then again, this user could have waited for a sale and got K14 for half price! So what's the difference?

I agree with the OP, they should throw Komplete owners a bone. If he buys the keyboard he has no use for Select. And if he owned one of several pieces of hardware he gets a break buying Komplete Standard.

Explain the logic there?

• Matt_NI

@Gee_Flat Everyone is free to do whatever they want. If someone wants to wait and buy K14 at a discount, that's fine and we hardly keep the seasonality of our sales a secret.

Our pricing in general are not super mysterious and the hardware one especially has been like that forever. We don't have that kind of flexible pricing and especially with keyboards even if it was sold as is the price would be the same anyway.

+ in this case @CSurieux got an update for K14 not a full license so there was already a discount on K14.

• CSurieux

Thanks for sharing my private account...

And even if I upgraded my Komplete 14 from 13, are there some difference in my request ? All Komplete 14 are not equal ???

• Matt_NI

@CSurieux If you don't want to share the specificity of your request here, you should consider messaging our support privately.

I already kinda said it all and unfortunately the bottom line is that our hardware is not priced with whatever software is being added, meaning we can't discount it if you already own one of the free add-on.

• CSurieux

😯 Ok, I am new here ... and certainly one of my last visits if the admins share my private data.

Concerning the commercial offer for keys, I hope thi position could change.

One last question before I definitively leave this discution : if I buy a second hand S49 mk2, is there a process to transfer the official ownership to me ? If yes, does the transfer necessarly include the 'free' Komplete software license or could it be separated ?

Thanks

• Matt_NI
    edited March 2023

You are starting a discussion about upgrade/pricing and you're shocked that we are saying you already got an update from K13 to K14 which is relevant when discussing pricing obviously 🙄

We'll leave it at, please contact our team via email if you want more information about anything account related: https://bit.ly/n1registr

Thank you

• CSurieux

Thanks to share my private account...

And even if I upgraded my Komplete 14 from 13, are there some difference in my request ? All Komplete 14 are not equal ???

• CSurieux

Thanks to share my private account...

This discussion has been closed.