Any producers, artists, songwriters wanna collab or connect?

IRLayer
IRLayer Member Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2023 in Social Club

I'm just a hobby bedroom producer/artist but I'm always looking to learn and develop my craft. Looking for other sincere musical seekers, don't have to be super serious but it'd be cool to find people that are sincere about their work and have been doing it for a little while, prioritizing being genuine with their craft over other things. I'm chill and fine with just talking and meeting new people, maybe a collaboration can happen and I'm down to follow up on anything if something cool comes out of that.

shoot me a message on here and we can exchange discord or whatever else you prefer using

Tagged:

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Hey... I'm personally not into it, but I appreciate your desire to reach out to people.

I think there are better communities than this one for that kind of thing. I don't even know what collaborating would be like these days.

Looking at this forum I can see the direction sound and noise is going in. And I think NI knows their demographic judging by the latest releases for Kontakt and Maschine; Duets, Playbox and a pile of instruments with pre-made patterns.

It's basically DJ's, one-finger beat makers and loop cut-and-pasters.

I hope some members join in your discussion. I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Other than that, get out of the bedroom and meet people.

• IRLayer

I'm in other places but I figure since this area is a bit more niche, not many people, I may find some interesting people.

• Gee_Flat

So you already joined metapop?

• IRLayer

No I've never heard of that.

• IRLayer

Oh interesting, I'll check it out thanks. Are you on there?

• Gee_Flat

No I am not. Just happened to see it today on the Community page. Forgot it existed.

• IRLayer

Get on there then and add me :)

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Definitely up for that kind of stuff. PMing you...

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

Have you checked out the app Vampr? It’s kind of like a dating app but for musicians. You can create a profile and say what it is you’re looking for and connect with other musicians in your area or not in your area.

• ghoster
    ghoster Member Posts: 1 Member

Interested in Psytrance? I’m happy to collaborate

• DJ White Dragon
    DJ White Dragon Member Posts: 14 Member

A Picture says a thousand words.. So what have we advertised with this lets collab Photo here NI ... I see some errors, For a start. Your product Mashine Jam is no longer in Production. The Mashine mark 2 should be alongside the Mashine Jam... which was supposed to work together to streamline workflow, the old Komplete Kontrol keyboard S49 is seen working with an old Audio A6 also both no longer in Production, and my goodness have you seen the way the power cords are connected all over the place... reminds me of a bad Christmas lights power cable bungle ready to explode into a major fire in any second... quick where's the fire extinguisher,,,,, If my home music studio looked like that, I would have to sack the sound engineer that thought up such a concept... and yes, I am on Meta-Pop, (Also called Meta-Poop if you keep getting bad reviews on your work) I own and have a clean and tidy music production homework studio (converted from a small bedroom in my house) and bang out some "Major Rage-for the Modern Age" GO and Get your own motto... Boom-Bap face Slap...and Hip-Hop don't Stop .. and whatever takes my fancy... collab? Yes I likey... but this photo.. ..cry-key LOL.... White Dragon Music Productions.... DJ White Dragon....

• MixerElixir
    MixerElixir Member Posts: 2 Member

Some of these replies.. so negative.

I think this is a cool idea, what genres do you produce, got some links to your work? I think people work best together when they have similar taste in music genres typically

• MixerElixir
    MixerElixir Member Posts: 2 Member

Your attitude says 1000 words, what a ridiculous response.. lol did you just get dumped or something?

• DJ White Dragon
    DJ White Dragon Member Posts: 14 Member

MixerElixer No attitude here,, just the facts in relation to the photo that is used to promote this .. You have a right to your opinion as do we all... However it would have been better for NI to promote the idea with a music studio photo showing more modern NI Hardware products like a Mashine mark 3 or a Mashine mark 3 plus or a modern Komplete Audio 6 or a Tracktor Kontrol mark 3.. or a Komplete Kontrol mark 2 keyboard... as these are the hardware products that they now have available for sale.. Why promote old NI Hardware that is no longer available? My opinion is that a sound recording studio set-up should be clean and tidy and be a safe environment to design and create beautiful musical works of art in,,

The Idea is good.... just not the marketing,,, now take a look at DAFT PUNK,, for marketing.. they knew how to market themselves (never showing their faces) hiding behind robotic masks or the music show "The Masked Singer"? I like working with likeminded music creators but always in the background. elusive. never seen but heard. like air you do not see it but without it you are not able to breathe or sing..