Schema Dark - Midi assingments?

gkm
gkm Member Posts: 4 Member

Just bought Schema Dark and wondering if there's any way to assign midi controllers to any of the Macros or Performance Control dials on the Main Page, or any other page for that matter?

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

For Schema you would have to use a different workflow, go to Automation tab, MIDI Automation sub-tab, and at the bottom you will see a Learn button.

This is required for the new instruments based on Native UI, which doesn't yet support right-click context menus.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2023

Right click the control and select "Learn Midi CC Automation" then turn the knob on your controller... make sure that your controller is selected as a midi input in Kontakt!

Forgot to mention there are certain elements that are not Midi assignable... Knobs yes, Buttons yes, dropdowns/select lists no...

• gkm

Strange, that's how things usually work, and I've tried using this in VEP (in Kontakt of course) and in Cubase 12 directly ,but when I right click on any of the Macros or anywhere on the page, Kontakt's Quick Load page opens up below. I take it this is working for you no problem?

• gkm

And yet, when I load other instruments into the same instance of Kontakt, their midi assignments work fine when I right click on them. Something's not right here.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

For Schema you would have to use a different workflow, go to Automation tab, MIDI Automation sub-tab, and at the bottom you will see a Learn button.

This is required for the new instruments based on Native UI, which doesn't yet support right-click context menus.

• gkm

Perfect! Much appreciated ED, I should know this feature. 🧐. Problem solved.