How to move midi cc values in Maschine

ben.t.m
ben.t.m Member Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

In Maschine software for my workflow I sometimes like to just let the recording go on and play out some piano and by the end of the take I want to just take the best take and cut the pattern length back down which is fine. But how on earth do you pull the midi cc values around with the notes (i.e. pedal)? This is a really important thing to want to do. I'd also expect if you delete the notes that it also deletes any cc values inside that range else it nude leaves garbage behind. Also there's a bit difficulty when you want to manually alter note lengths where 2 note overlap or are back to back it doesn't let you pick the edge of the left one, simple things like this are what's going to make life easier and what I'd expect a daw of any capacity be able to manage. Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023

But how on earth do you pull the midi cc values around with the notes (i.e. pedal)?

What do you mean by "pull them"?? Move them around?

You can't, in Maschine modulation is not editable, you can't move, copy, paste... nothing... just edit it with a mouse or re-record. 😬 (and by edit I mean delete a value and place another)

This is a really important thing to want to do. I'd also expect if you delete the notes that it also deletes any cc values inside that range else it nude leaves garbage behind.

Nop, it just deletes notes and leaves the garbage behind for you to manually remove with a mouse, you can't do it from the hardware either. You can use the Clear Auto pad combo but that will remove ALL the modulation.

Also there's a bit difficulty when you want to manually alter note lengths where 2 note overlap or are back to back it doesn't let you pick the edge of the left one, simple things like this are what's going to make life easier and what I'd expect a daw of any capacity be able to manage.

AFAIK It's a bug.

You can't change the length of notes with a mouse when they are adjacent to each other, this is a bug that has been around for about 3 years, I complained about it privately in betas multiple times and pretty much got ignored. I find this baffling... Not being able to so something so simple gets me in rage mode.

What's even crazier is after all this time you're only like 2nd person I see mentioning this πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Maybe it doesn't affect everyone or only 3 people use mouses with Maschine, no idea.

Thoughts?

If this kind of thing bothers you then oh man... buckle up and get ready for a bumpy ride! πŸ˜‚

• ben.t.m
    ben.t.m Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2023

Thanks for the reply mate!

Yeah it's a bit frustrating, I can't imagine it's a huge deal to incorporate modulation selection with mouse if it, then it's probably badly designed in code. I'm also a mouse user, I do some things with the hardware but when it comes to the finer details like nudging & moving notes around I just like to get it done with the mouse and keyboard. I hope they can start working on building Maschine out to accommodate these things. I like using it for getting ideas down rapidly and it's pattern -> song structuring but some things are proving to be lacking!