Own Kontakt 6 full, installed Kontakt 7 player, and now VSTs are complaining :(

ThatAdamGuy
ThatAdamGuy Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hi there,

I (perhaps unwisely) installed K7 player when it was available, and now multiple VSTs that rely on the full Kontakt are confused, running in demo mode or refusing to run because they're somehow now only seeing K7P instead of K6 full.

I unchecked the "use latest version" box on the Plugin settings page of KK, but that didn't help. Norrland-samples Trumpet, for instance, is complaining that it's a "non-player instrument" and prompting me to run NA to input a serial number for full Kontakt.

I didn't do anything to K6 full, and now I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDITED TO ADD: Hmm, changing the VST in Logic and then changing it back seems to have solved the issue for that track. Please let me know if there's something else I should be doing in this context... at least until I buy K14 in the Summer of Sale :D

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@ThatAdamGuy I'm afraid the only workaround in this case is to uninstall Kontakt 7 Player. This is a known issue and hopefully this will get fixed at some point.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@ThatAdamGuy Yes, a proper uninstall feature is long overdue and should happen at some point. Forwarding your comments.

Answers