How much should my jog wheel move a track?

LostFrequency
LostFrequency Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello,

If i turn the jog wheels on my S2 MK3 a full circle, it hardly moves the track by only one beat. Is this a normal behavior?

Is there anything i could change, maybe in the qml files?

In combination with my previous question (delay after release of the jog wheels), i start to worry if there is anything wrong with my controller?

Do you guys have these problems too?

Thanks for your help!

Tagged:

Comments

• LostFrequency

Well.. Yesterday i tested VirtualDJ and there my S2 works as it should. A full turn moves the track four beats. So it must have something to do with Traktor. Now I just have to find a way to change this.

Do you have any ideas?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,216 Expert

Do you touch the top or the rim?

Have you checked the device manager if any custom mappings are active?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

TRAKTOR did not made the jog wheel user friendly like MK1 and MK2. The rotary acceleration/sensitivity is hard coded in default mapping.

• LostFrequency

The top!

I reset all settings, removed all mappings and loaded the default mapping. Unfortunately with the same result.

Yes! As said, with VirtualDJ it works perfect with the same drivers (not in MIDI-Mode). So it really seems to be "just" settings, even if I can't set them in Traktor that easily.

What about your controllers? How much do they move on one full circle?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,216 Expert

Depends on the bpm of the track.

On a ~120 bpm about 2 beats. A track with ~60 bpm about 1 beat.

It's rare that I touch the top of my jogs though. Had to start it up to check. S4 mk3