How can I remove Midi Groups in Midi Channel section?

violoncello
violoncello Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

hello, how do I remove the group in midi Channel? If I keep the group, the instrument also plays in the other midi tracks.

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

The easiest way would be to use that instrument in a separate instance of Kontakt, in an 'instrument track' rather than using a midi track with a 'Multi'.

Looks lilke you already changed the group you have circled to 'Midi default' at the 'source'. but most of those first groups are set to 'Omni' in the Congas. If you select Enable all Groups and change them all from 'omni' to 'Midi default' you will see the midi channel change to 1 in the instrument header.

Not sure why it was done that way, but one would think it was done for a reason.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

The easiest way would be to use that instrument in a separate instance of Kontakt, in an 'instrument track' rather than using a midi track with a 'Multi'.

Looks lilke you already changed the group you have circled to 'Midi default' at the 'source'. but most of those first groups are set to 'Omni' in the Congas. If you select Enable all Groups and change them all from 'omni' to 'Midi default' you will see the midi channel change to 1 in the instrument header.

Not sure why it was done that way, but one would think it was done for a reason.

• violoncello
    edited February 2023

thanks i solved the problem

• violoncello
    edited February 2023

I have another question in Kontakt 7 player I can't do the same thing because it doesn't give me the possibility to enter the interface and change the same parameters as in Kontakt 6

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Yup. The KFL 2 libraries are play only. You're still able to create your own instruments and edit them in K7.

Instruments were always play only with the 'Kontakt Player' versions.

• violoncello
    edited February 2023

hello, i bought kontakt 7 which i use with cubhase 12 pro. I create my outputs I enable them but when I assign them except for the first from the second it says

01 3-kt aux 1 [1]

02 4-kt aux 2 [2]

Why?

• Gee_Flat

Why not? 😃

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2023

Please don't use the Code Block paragraph type, it makes your posts more difficult to read since the text becomes horizontally scrollable.

I have edited your posts so that they are more readable now.

• jimchik
    jimchik Member Posts: 14 Member

I'm also, not infrequently, seeing this same thing, and honestly, I have no idea where it comes from or why. I would love to simply reload the instrument, returning MIDI input to 1 channel. But even that doesn't seem possible, after the "+Groups" first appears. The instrument will re-load with the same channel designation.

Also, is there easy way to turn off that lousy ability of, when a loaded instrument is "active", and there's a vertical bar on the left side of the front panel, loading an instrument will over-write that instrument! No warning, no nothing. It really seems that there needs to be a way to disable this "feature" but having looked a couple of times, I can't find one.

Thanks in advance for the useful suggestions.