Guitar Rig 6 doesn't play back amped guitar

f8kr
f8kr Member Posts: 6 Member

When I first got Guitar Rig 6, everything was perfect. It would play back the amp effects I chose like how it should have. But suddenly it just stopped detecting my guitar. I went through a lot of articles trying to get a fix. But none seem to work. WhenI use direct monitor (on the interface), my guitar plays back so I know my guitar is at least plugged in and audible. The only way I can get it to work is if i go on WASAPI (Exclusive Mode), but then nothing else on my computer will play any sounds. So I can't play while listening to a song or anything else. I don't know much as I recently got the interface so any help would be super appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

You could maybe also try this settingy even if it's activated on my computer and it works, i also found online that focusrite drivers allow asio + windows audio - like on my computer working: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005113405-I-m-losing-audio-in-Windows-when-I-switch-applications

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

do i understand you correctly you use a microphone in front of a guitar amp. You don't need to set side chain in, just main in. Normally you use the asio driver, have you installed the latest driver version? You also could use the audio file player in guitar rig and play to it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Sometimes this can help, even if GTR6 doesn't crash but it should reset everything to default: GUITAR RIG Crashes at Startup

• Uwe303
    edited February 2023

Ohh 😂😂😂 i now see, the solo has one microphone input (in 1) and one instrument/line input (in 2) - so set gr in left to input channel 2 and it should work. The naming is a bit confusing but this should be correct anyway

• f8kr
    edited February 2023

Just tried it but still not working.

Tried the reseting everything to default and changing my inputs. Same outcome.

• Uwe303

Ok how is your exact setup, where does the guitar signal goes into and so on, what cables do you use and what inputs on the interface? Your monitors are connected to the scarlett solo out i guess.

• Uwe303

I played a bit around and if i use the ASIO driver with my 8i6 3rd gen from focusrite on win 11, i can still hear all system sound and sound from browser and so on + my input goes through my interface through gr6 and the the speakers. So it can work, i use latest 3.11,xxx drivers.

• f8kr

I have a Scarlet Solo 3rd gen. I connect my headset to the scarlet and my scarlet to my computer. I have a standard guitar cable that connects the guitar to the scarlet. They both have their "designated" input so I'm connecting it correctly because I can hear the guitar without the Guitar Rig 6 effects.

• Uwe303
    edited February 2023

Ok then i´m correct the instrument input on the scarlett solo is input 2 (its also stated at the front of the scarlett solo) so you normally should set "in 2" or "microphone 2" for "guitar rig 6 in left"

• f8kr

Ok so I'm using the ASIO driver now, and I set it to the right inputs but now no other sounds will play but just the guitar effects. Is there a way I can use it while using a program maybe like spotify? or browsers?

• Uwe303
    edited February 2023

Ok so we are one step further, have you downloaded the latest drivers, like i already asked? 3.11 something should be the latest - on my system i can use ASIO and hear all other sounds from the system, browser and so on, i use windows 11, but it should work with win 10 and latest drivers too.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

You could maybe also try this settingy even if it's activated on my computer and it works, i also found online that focusrite drivers allow asio + windows audio - like on my computer working: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005113405-I-m-losing-audio-in-Windows-when-I-switch-applications

• f8kr

I finally got it to work! After doing everything you've told me in order I can finally hear the effects while having other audio playing. Thank you so much :DD

• Uwe303

I hope you can now have lots of fun and be creative 😎👍