Load Kontakt 6 in Komplete Kontrol rather than Kontakt 7

abcd-abcd
abcd-abcd Member Posts: 24 Member

Hello

I have a full version of Kontakt 6, but only a demo version of Kontakt 7 (as I have KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition).

When using Komplete Kontrol, when I load Ilya Efimov's guitar plugin, Kontakt 7 is loaded rather than Komplete 6 which means that Ilya Efimov's guitar plugin is loaded in DEMO mode...

I know that I can load Kontakt 6 by itself, but I want to use the features of Komplete Kontrol (e.g. lights on my S88 mk2 - why don't these work all the time???).

Does anyone know how I can load Kontakt 6 in Komplete Kontrol? Do I need to delete Kontakt 7? (and why can't we resize everything properly grrrr..)

Thanks

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

try to disable "always use latest version of ni plugins" under "prefs/plugins/manager", maybe that helps but im not sure.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

try to disable "always use latest version of ni plugins" under "prefs/plugins/manager", maybe that helps but im not sure.

• abcd-abcd

Thanks so much! That fixed it - but it took me a while to work out what to do:

I had to quit Logic Pro and then open the standalone Komplete Kontrol app, and that's where the setting is (as you say) - then restart Logic Pro, select Komplete Kontrol and when I opened up Ilya Efimov inside Komplete Kontrol, it opened using Kontakt 6 (which is confusingly called "Kontakt".... but no longer in DEMO mode - so success!

• abcd-abcd

Hello - it was fixed - and now it isn't... ("always use latest version of NI plugins" is still disabled).

The only 'Kontakt' available now in 'Komplete Kontrol' is simply called 'Kontakt' and it's 'Kontakt 7' (of which I only have the Player) and not 'Kontakt 6' (of which I have the full version...)

How can I force Komplete Kontrol to open Kontakt 6 rather than Kontakt 7?

Of course, I would just use Kontakt 6 by itself... but then the light guide wouldn't work on my lovely expensive S88 mk2 (why the heck not??).

Thanks for any help.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

You said you're using K7 Player?

Your instrument will open in K6 if you select 'Edit View'.

We have a discussion here somewhere.

• Uwe303

Hello,

only kontakt is kontakt 6!!

• abcd-abcd

I want to open Kontakt 6 inside Komplete Kontrol so I can use the light guides on my keyboard.

If I open Komplete Kontrol, edit view is grayed out, so I cannot test your suggestion, unfortunately.

• abcd-abcd

I don't believe that is correct: Kontakt seems to be whichever version is latest? Certainly, within Komplete Kontrol 'Kontakt' is Kontakt 7. I want Kontakt 6 to be able to be loaded within Komplete Kontrol.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

He's saying that Kontakt 6 was released as Kontakt, without a version number.

I believe the purpose was so that new releases could provide seemless integration with user's existing DAW projects.

From what I can tell from my own experience and what I read here about K7, is that it's all broken and causing problems everywhere.

• Uwe303

What do you see if you try to add an instrument here?

• MarkinLA
    MarkinLA Member Posts: 21 Member

This was incredibly helpful. Thank you. I too had the problem of Kontakt 7 Player completely messing up my installation of 6 on non-player compatible Kontakt instruments. Using the VST menu item within Komplete allows me to now load non-demo versions in Kontakt 6 within KK, using light-guides etc, for non-Player compatible libraries, while still being able to use Kontakt 7 Player for other things. While this is a bit klunky, at least it works! THANK YOU AGAIN!

• Uwe303

I forgot also to mention, that in preferences you have an option where you can set "using latest versions of plugins" or something like that, you have to disable it if I remember correctly - and try again, maybe this helps you, if not you can use the vst menu.