Kontakt 7 does not see my FL2 Install

skingswell
skingswell Member Posts: 7 Member

I am losing the will to live with my new purchase. If I could just get this working I will be happy forever and a day!

I get an error when I load any instruments from Factory Library 2. The error "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently!".

I have downloaded the latest Native Access program and installed the applications as directed. I've spent hours trying to get this to work including resetting my Mac back to default factory settings and wiping everything I had already installed (more hours of work).

The FL2 downloads 39GB of data but even the download drops the connection to the internet and I keep have to click on the refresh to reconnect. It seems to install okay.

What is going on? Why is this so hard to install?? I've read all the advice, tried everything and losing hope of ever getting this working.

Help me please :--)

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I don't know for certain or if you read it, but there may be a problem if the Mac is running Ventura.

I've never had a problem downloading. It might be your own connection.

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2023

Lots of users are having that problem:

A NI rep has posted supposed solutions in that thread, but those solutions are not working for everyone.

• Graham
    Graham Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi skingswell

I have exactly the same situation. I’ve tried everything for the past two weeks and nothing has worked.

I’ve followed the instructions and advice from the NI team but still nothing.

I currently have paid for a product I cannot totally use. I just hope someone can help me resolve this ASSP.

Graham

• skingswell
    edited January 2023

Graham

I feel your pain. it's crazy how NI can sell products that don't actually install. I was recommended NI and it's not been a very pleasant experience so far. All I want to do is write some music :-)

I am trying to download the ISO image directly from their Google drive and because my internet connection is not 100% reliable any glitches means I have to start the download again. I am giving up with this approach as the download reportedly takes 5 hours.

So we both have Ventura, my last attempt to get this working is to try to change my Mac OS to something other than Ventura. I've already reset the Mac and lost all other music apps installed. so literally have nothing to lose right now.

Hoping you can get it working. Keep me posted.

Sarah

• Graham

Hi Sarah

I've tried tonight to install Native access version # 1 as I found some info that said it might work and it looked promising with the down loads but when I tried to access library2 I got the same ol message.

Its just not good enough. I’ve wasted days on this so they better come up with a solution quick

I’ll keep you posted

Graham

• skingswell

Graham

Working in the software industry myself, I was determined I would get to the end of the weekend and find a solution.

I have now have a working Factory Library 2 and how great is it to see the instruments load without that error message in Kontakt 7.

Okay so I am not a Mac expert but this is what I did after reading another post about some incorrect values in an XML file on a Windows Machine.

1) Install Xcode from the App Store so you can edit a plist file.

2) Enable the Root user on your Mac. There are several articles to help you if you don't have root enabled, just search the internet.

3) Log on as the Root user

4) Go to Finder and then to Macintosh HD / Library / Preferences

5) Right click on the com.native-instrumenets.Kontakt Factory Library 2.plist file and select open with XCode

6) Change the JDX string value to

363F9CF471EB332719F296BD130100E60B72592BF1DA4B869A74DCD650FF5BF5

7) Change the HU string value to

B912447ABDAED32DA2290A518813BB32

8) Close the file, restart Mac and log back on as your account

9) Load Kontakt and see if the library now opens

Hope this works for you.

Sarah

• Graham

Hi Sarah

Guess what! I finally have KFL2 working.

In the end NI have rectified the issue as of last night and once I uninstalled the old file , completed a fresh download and reinstalled it worked.

I really appreciate your support through this ordeal. Take care and enjoy your music.

Graham