Dark mode for forum?

SF_Green
SF_Green Member Posts: 23 Member

Is there a way to enable dark mode in the forum. Just got a 27" monitor and this white background at that size is literally blinding me.

If not, can we please get dark mode for the forum?

Vielen Danks

Best Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

There is no dark theme for this forum, but you could try and use a browser extension like Dark Reader.

(NI uses Vanilla for the forum.)

• SF_Green
    Answer ✓

Thanks Monochrome. Dark Reader does the trick for me. The ability to easily enable and disable is key for me. Also like the filter. Sepia with low brightness works well for me, too.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

This using the Safari extension Noir - there are others for various browsers

• SF_Green

Thanks for that but I'm on Windows, though I'm sure there is a plugin for Firefox that does that, and really wanted a specific solution for this forum. There are some web pages and forums that I want in the default color. Several of the other music forums I frequent (Steinberg, BFD, Waves, Github) use the Discourse software and there is a Dark Theme for the forum. I was hoping there was something similar in this software (which is what, btw?).

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

There is no dark theme for this forum, but you could try and use a browser extension like Dark Reader.

(NI uses Vanilla for the forum.)

• SF_Green
    Answer ✓

Thanks Monochrome. Dark Reader does the trick for me. The ability to easily enable and disable is key for me. Also like the filter. Sepia with low brightness works well for me, too.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Noir enables you to set preferences per site, I presume some of the extensions for other browsers can do that too?

• SF_Green

Yes, Dark Reader enables/disables per site. Its usefulness would be lessened considerably without that feature.