NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

When i'm working in my MAC i use Keyboard Masestro too. For my windows pc's i use winautomation and Power Automate on my Win 11 (included for free in Win 11 and has the same features as winautomation)

In rare cases when the plugin has no files to export a list in a spreadsheet, or no database to work with, i use OCR

Tags is another story, that's why i'm starting to create a Metagrid project and some autohotkey scripts, which all together work with Maschine.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

Thanks again - yes I think Equator 2 often takes a while to properly load a patch so if you save the NKS too quickly before it is fully loaded it will only capture part of it

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

Sunborn, that's impressive!

• astavi
    astavi Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Just made NKS files for the Cinematic Rooms factory presets. Tagged and set to 50% mix.

• Adrenock
    Adrenock Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I'm trying to make Nils' K1v (a Kawai K1 emulator) work. I have no problem making the plug-in itself work, saving presets and making the previews, but for some reason I can't get the images to work even though I can make it work for anything else.

The synth name has an apostrophe in it (Nils' K1v), and I'm wondering if that's causing the problem. Is that possible?

• Kymeia
    Options

It may well be, but I seem to remember there already being a NKS conversion for that plugin - I think it was posted in the old forum but a search should locate it

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

Yes, the apostrophe is the problem. Use nils k1v for folder and metadata names, and Nils K1v inside .json files

or just download this (note: the images are from the old forum, i only fixed the names)

• Adrenock
    Adrenock Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Found it, and thank you!

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper
    edited December 2022
    Options

Adrenock at times I've had crazy names so bad that I had to write a script that would paste the name in a text editor and then do a few search and replaces on characters. If only those responsible for naming the presets knew the future woes they would cause....

• Kymeia
    Options
  • Sunborn
    edited December 2022
    Options

Thank you, but it was rather an easy task and i was a bit lucky too so, i don't fully deserve a "mammoth task" credit.. I made the presets almost a year ago for the previous VST2 version, with Preset Magician. Most of the work was done automatically by the program, I only fixed some tags and correctly rename the banks. Then, now i tested them with the VST3 version and worked fine! ...and I was lucky, because the banks are exactly the same on the new version, no changes at all! I deserve full credit however, for the graphic templates... 😊

• Sunborn
    Options

Thank you both!

There is a minor error in your NI Resources, i assume anyone can fix it easily, but just in case, the folder dist database, should be renamed to dist_database

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks fixed

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    edited December 2022
    Options

Wasn't so much an error, just in sharing on our side more the assumption that people know where to put those files. You don't actually copy that folder, just its contents. Granted though, this may not be apparent to some newer users.