[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

Comments

• Freakwave01
    Freakwave01 Member Posts: 3 Member

I fu+ing hate it.

I am a singer, guitarist, drummer, pianoplayer, songwriter; i can make music out of anything....but this thing...i hate it. I bought it on a whim and i whish i never did.

The mimute you have to press a shift key to dive into basic opereations; you lost me.

Check out this simple set up problem: https://youtu.be/HslXMJKagGE

I have an Akai MPD218 , which would have set up this issue with no problem, but i thought i'd upgrade and now i just waste my time and have a headache.

This product is made for people who cant play any musical instrument and "want to make music".

The sounds are terible, i mean realy, realy bad. It all sounds like ******

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

I'd really like to see the results of the survey. I don't actually expect anything to come of it - but the results would be really interesting. I want to fight anyone that stated they want a touchscreen or a focus on "mouse workflow" for the software. lol

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited December 2022

Interesting... I receive NI marketing emails, but didn't receive the survey via email. I found it here on the site.

I'm a mk3 user. I've been waiting for a + with more CPU power and more instruments supported before I make the jump, but lately I've barely been using Maschine because of the lack of features in the sequencer (automation, modulation, probability/randomize, MidiFX, humanize etc. etc.). Maschine's become my favourite Bitwig controller though!

Happy to see this survey. I hope something actually comes of it. It's been a pretty dire period to be a Maschine user.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

Nice that you are collecting data. Some silly things in the survey. You are asking about if we would like to have aftertouch in future versions of Maschine? If we would like to have high resolution UI…You ask if high resolution is more important than aftertouch? If aftertouch more imprtant than updgrades on the arranger…

Let’s have an adult coversation here. Imagine the amount of roast and mockery if they are not in next Maschine.

Probability is something all the cool companies do deliver. It is such a low hanging fruit.

Automation improvements are asked all the time. Same goes for the arranger.

And you can read more of the top requests in this thread and hundreds of others.

Tbh I think this is no survey but an ad to create market hype. Christmas sales going on.

Maschine is so close of being super. It is really good already.

And I’m happy that you have listened. I hope to see the apply and deliver phase. Keep it up!

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 133 Pro

Haha yeah there were some odd moments in the survey for sure. Some things I couldn’t believe were even being asked (mouse workflow??) and then at other times, there were like 3 things included at once that were all so important it was almost impossible to choose which was “most” important.

I have to believe there is some kind of weighting system in place that will allow them to interpret the results in a way that makes sense

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 91 Helper
    edited December 2022
    • A more optimised midi note editor window with streamlined view/zoom
    • Time stretch midi notation
    • A clickable timeline above the mixer page (song mode)
    • Native Instruments plugin menu selection streamlined
    • Copy/duplicate part in song mode without the looped playback shifting to the new part
    • Resizable plugins under the mixer (or scale the plugins to fit by default) to much scrolling
    • More customisation such as playhead options.
  • Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

it was the most complicated survey of my life.

I felt like I was doing a logic test...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

I had the same feedback, very annoying.

@Schmapps1 said:

I have to believe there is some kind of weighting system in place that will allow them to interpret the results in a way that makes sense

There is. When you're asked the same thing 20 times it's to order those by your priorities, 1 thru 20. Very unintuitive way to do it when we have to answer the same stuff over and over against each other...

It would be much better IMO to see all options available at once and allow us to attribute a unique value to each, so for 20 options my #1 I'd give 20, my 2nd 19, and so on... This way we actually know what we are telling them... I have no idea what ended up as my top pick.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@D-One wrote:

This way we actually know what we are telling them

But that’s not as useful to them.

The point is that while you might have a linear priority list in your head, if given only a selection of those choices you might prioritize differently or there might be some proposed choices you’re not interested in and wouldn’t want to prioritize at all.

BTW, personality tests like CliftonStrengths also use this concept of presenting groups of terms to choose a most a most and least matching one.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Wait, what? I'm so confused rn... The whole point of putting request A VS request B against each other is to see which one you like best and in the end have an ordered list, both methods achieve the same.

It's not about having a linear list in my head, I don't actually, I just rather know all the possibilities before I vote, whatever I'm not interested in would just have the lowest point regardless. To me, the chosen method is like going to a restaurant and asking what food is available and having this conversation:

1. Me: So whats the menu for today?
    2. Q: Pizza or Burger?
    3. Me: Burger!
    4. Q: Ok but... Burger or Steak?
    5. Me: Steak is better!
    6. Q: Now... Pizza or Steak?
    7. Me: going to another restaurant...

😂 It's not important anyway, I'm just joking around. Maybe that method collects data such as: between option A and B, people prefer A but between A and C people prefer C... instead of just a list from high to low... and somehow that's useful info? No idea.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@D-One mused:

Maybe that method collects data such as: between option A and B, people prefer A but between A and C people prefer C... instead of just a list from high to low...

exactly

and somehow that's useful info?

Yes, because all the tasks rising from those feature requests have different qualities (size, complexity, dependencies) and given certain preconditions cannot be approached from most important to least important in a linear fashion.

😂 regarding the restaurant scene!

• stephen59tx
    stephen59tx Member Posts: 13 Member

I want more VST’s compatible between Maschine on my computer with my Maschine plus. Effects like Bite, Dirt and Freak. Massive-X and Super 8 please.

• Dr. Bong
    Dr. Bong Member Posts: 1 Member

Well, I'm not too crazy about the refurbished hardware so far. The first one I got had stuck pads, and the replacement has noise on the capacitive touch knobs. I hope 3rd time's a charm, but it sure doesn't look like they give the hardware much of a look over before they put it in the "refurbished" pile.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Yes this does smell a bit of "Let us give you choices, that fit what we have already developed" hahaha.