Komplete Audio 6 MK2 - Monitor/cue on Ch. 3/4

BVRNS
BVRNS Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Haven't been able to monitor cue on channel 3/4, just on the main ones 1/2, is it even possible to do that? so that I can have the cue on my headphones and not coming out of the speakers?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

yes of course that should be possible, what program do you use? And are you sure that you send something out to 3/4 from the program? You can also try to flip the outputs, so 3/4 master and 1/2 cue, just to try if it works.

• BVRNS

Thank you for the response

I'm using ableton, I have my main output as 1/2 and the cue on 3/4 but the monitor outputs are still outgoing 1/2. And yes I can flip them as you suggest but the main big knob will be useless

• Uwe303

To flip channels was just for testing 3-4, so if you flip channels do outputs 3-4 work?

• BVRNS

Yes they work

• Uwe303

Ok then it's not the interface, can you double check the ableton output settings? The issue must be there.

• BVRNS

Yes I triple checked haha, the cue output is on 3/4 and the main output on 1/2 but nothing changes on the headphones output, still getting 1/2 signal. My guess is that the headphones outputs always gonna be 1/2 and can not change that, and it sucks

• Uwe303

Have you tried the other headphones output, as far as I remember one is connected to 1/2 and the other to 3/4.

• BVRNS

Yes I did, I get 1/2 from both :(

• Uwe303

Do you see the switch left from both headphones volume knobs can you turn it to 3-4?

• Uwe303

I always thought each headphones out is independent but both output the same, but with independent volume

• BVRNS

I thought that too, the switch is for changing the monitor inputs not the outputs

• Uwe303

Then, i guess, the only option is to flip it and use out 3/4 for the monitors. Strange concept to say the least, i would have preferred headphones outputs to be 3/4 over 1/2, or of course better switchable. And if there is no software control panel You could look for that option, i guess it is what it is.

• BVRNS

Yeah I know right, thank you for your time

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓
  • Manu_1980
    Manu_1980 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2022

Hello everyone, maybe I'm useless after so many years of mixing, but… It's literally impossible for me to cue with Komplete Audio 6 mk2 and Traktor Pro 3 with my controller DJ, since the sound I hear through my headphones It cannot be divided by channels and I always listen to the output of the speakers on my headphones, (1/2 Master, 3/4 Monitor) it doesn't matter what I do, I can't configure traktor and komplete audio 6 mk2 to have a preview for each independent channel of Cue.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

PS: I want to have a balanced sound, nothing to use RCA, always TRS or XLR (Windows 10 user)