NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,810 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

Might also be as simple as needing to have the folders and filenames in lowercase (which seems to be a preference, although it may not be entirely necessary)

• Guy Brown
    Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I found out what the issue was!!! A simple mistake between the US spelling of Flavor and the UK spelling of Flavour! At some point spell check must have โ€œhelped me outโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks everyone :)

Last question. My presets are working in the sense that they are setting all the right parameters. But they are not syncing with the presets that are selectable through the plugin. Selecting the preset via Maschineโ€™s browser just applies the parameter changes to what ever preset was selected via the plugin at that point in time rather that change the preset within the plugin. I presume that that is just the way it is.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,388 mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello, i have one question for those who are familiar with scripts.

ok, we have the gulpfile.coffee for rename banks etc. however i notice that the syntax covers only NKS instruments (.nksf) and not FX (.nksfx)! Here is the relative code:

gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf"] -in 3 different lines

so, by logic, i renamed it to gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksfx"]and i successfully fixed the effect banks.

However, i have to always rename those 3 lines, if i have to rename an instrument and then, another effect etc etc. which is annoying.

What i am asking is, if it possible to include both types in the same syntax.

i tried this one gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf, *.nksfx"] but nothing happened, so obviously is a wrong syntax... anyone can help?

Thank you

UPDATE: ok, i found it, by trial and error! Here is the correct code, i hope you find it useful ๐Ÿ˜‰

gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf", "src/**/*.nksfx"]

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 416 Guru
    Options

There's a new folder in @Kymeia's Dropbox - which has the following for now (VST3 Only):

BT Phobos VST3 update

Output Thermal

Unfiltered Audio: Lo-FI-Af

Excite Audio: Lifeline Expanse Lite

I'll have a few more going up soon, including:

Output Portal

Equator 2

Spitfire Audio: Mercury

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    Options

Yes, thank you, very useful ! you are tenacious ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Sunborn
    edited December 2022
    Options

yes i am ๐Ÿ˜‹

ok, another task that i want to investigate is the utility (a Java script) from the bitwig-nks-preview-generator (which i don't use at all, because i don't own or use Biwig and i don't care so much about previews), named gulp-nksf2fxb.

I have also no interest about it as is, but i am extremely interesting about the opposite, aka gulp-fxb2nksf!

I will try to see if i can reverse the code somehow. If anyone likes to participate in this research we may find a working solution soon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

I noticed something pretty interesting to me. The Komplete Kontrol and Machine support folders have the same files in them: komplete.db3 and Plugin.data. So I thought...what if...?

Sure enough, they seem to be compatible.

• Kymeia
    Options

I made a NKS template for the VST3 version of Generate since it doesn't migrate yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0t2u05uq7dtrn3/Generate%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

With Jester's very kind assistance my Voxworks bank for Omnisphere is converted to work with the VST3 version - complete bundle including Omnisphere patches here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rczbfms10ryjyuq/Omnisphere%20Voxworks%20Komplete%202022.zip?dl=0

ps afaik this was the first third party bank made for Omnisphere (and it shows, but I still find a place for them)

• Vagus
    Options

Yep - same database structure, so you can copy one to the other, and it works without issue. Saves setting up user library directories, for sure.

• Vagus
    edited December 2022
    Options

(Edited - for later)

• astavi
    astavi Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Made some NKS of the Vanguard 2 factory bank. Only categorized presets included (please beware that tagging is loose / not entirely accurate).

• Sunborn
    Options

i am also working on this beast right now! ...hopefully i will manage to transfer all the legendary material from the old Vanguard

• Brugio96
    Brugio96 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Sorry guys, I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere, but here is my question:

if i have NKS for a VST3 Third Party Plugin, is there any way to convert them to their VST2 version?

Thank you in advance ๐Ÿ˜š

• Sunborn
    Options

I don't know why anyone would do such thing, since we are struggling for the opposite, but it might be possible, ONLY for the plugins that support migration. Check here which ones they are:

Still, you have to experiment by yourself, since i don't know if anyone tried this thing before