Is there a way to go wireless instead of XLR cables?

buntesich
buntesich Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey y'all,

Trying to

WIRELESSLY

connect my Maschine MK3 to an Adam Audio Speaker System (2xT7V, 1xT10S) via the line outs, and same goes for my Pioneer XDJ-RR via its XLR outs.

Any ideas that will work with interferences from L/R channels, etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

My first question would be: why?

The speakers are nearfield monitors, so they'll be close enough that cable length isn't an issue. They're not PA speakers so presumably it'll be set up at home.

What's the need to have a wireless connection? It's extra expense, possibly extra running costs (e.g. batteries), maybe latency, lower audio quality, interference...

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited November 2022

You are almost about being able to do so with the greatest performance...

They promise ultra low 5ms latency, lossless 24-bit/48kHz stereo with minimal interference, accessible pricing...

I am already in...

2471 and counting.

3000 needed.

Hope I would grab a pair by summer 2023.

They did it with MIDI long ago.

I use a pair of Widi Masters to connect two keyboards about 6 meters apart.

No lag, no batteries, astounding.

https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

Get ready to either pay a ton, have low quality or deal with a ton of latency with current tech.

Because of 3 issues above no one really uses wireless audio production/performance other than microphones, that's the only developed segment for now so the offerings are mono and expensive. I guess you could look into how they do in the videography world, maybe it's more developed but I doubt it since Audio is usually resynced in post-production.

Some companies claim low latency at a consumer price point (150-300$) but I wouldn't go spend money to check if those claims are real.

iWA is just a concept afaik and the fact they used an audio cable for it's main video makes me think they're still far from a prototype, also, as I understand they're making a speaker system not some sort of adapter like they did for MIDI (?)

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper

Well, they promised what I said above, based on what they show on their web page, of course, and those who thought it would be a must have product are still yet waiting for the final release.

And while the initial plan was releasing loudspeakers it turned out the utmost interest manifested on a Tx/Rx dongle by very many people already enrolled at the time, around May 2022, led to further development so as to release a product very much like the Widi Master, but for audio instead of MIDI.

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Still, the main point stays valid. Why to invest more, have latency and possibly some kind of problems and possibly lower quality comparing to two short cables?

But if one desires.... Sennheiser IEM systems could be used. Not sure, if it is stereo. If mono, one would have to use two sets. But I would not recomend using it for precise audio listening. And the price tag? It costs more than Maschine MK3..... And still would not deliver what bring cables for fraction of price.

• buntesich
    buntesich Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks y'all, that sounds like a "no, currently not" :/

As to the "why": I (mis)use the monitor speakers in the same room when hobby DJing, but have the decks quite at some distance from the production corner, don't want cables across the room.

If you see anything that wont set me back 4 digits and can provide an acceptable stereo quality, please let me know :)

Thx and may the universe cater whatever you desire for 2023 :)

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

@buntesich maybe take a look at AoE (audio over ethernet) which allows you to send the audio signal over a small single network cable, run around the edge of the room or even in the wall if your house is networked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_over_Ethernet

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It could work even using wifi.

Also, you could use streaming from DJ computer to DAW computer and wired connection between DAW computer and monitors.