NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

Fired up Reason Rack Plugin in KK. Works OK. Loaded 20 instances, no crash. Resizing of KK not always working when changing the RRP zoom. You get access to up to some 3500 RRP parameters. The auto naming uses the Rack Extension patch name, so need to always rename to something useful. Easy enough to map knobs from several REs in a rack.

Too bad the home brew graphics never show in the KK plugin view, only while browsing. But I was able to create custom banks for "Synthesizers" and "Sampled Instruments" all within the RRP, so that works fine.

The RRP won't be a great sharing of KK patches since you may load up many different REs or Refills and it is not likely someone else has those unless you stick to stock. But that kind of defeats the purpose of building your custom rack. (You cannot save RRP as a monolith afaik).

The KK browser is so good compared to the RRP browser. Very happy to convert some of my fav Refills and synths and bring them back into action.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    Options

Cool I hadn’t got round to Reason Rack yet. You can show custom graphics in both views if you make a second copy of the image thumbnails mst_plugin and OSO_logo and place them in a folder in NI Resources/images with the plugin-name (but not inside one with the developer name) (see the info.txt file in the NKS User Library)

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    Options

Sorry but I think it's not true for all plugins. I'm using gulp-nks-rewrite-meta too. The Jupiter-4 library I made for VST3 Shell won't load in KK 2.8.0.

I had to redo it from scratch (except the files into NI_Ressources and .previews)

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

A simple VST3 nks template for Juno 60 Chorus plugin to use alongside Juno 60 plugin by Roland Cloud.

No artwork added, though you can create your own or use the existing artwork from your Juno 60 plugin if need be.

• Rikk Show
    Options

Yeah, that has been discussed that some plugin manufacturers haven't implement a seamless migration to VST3. Or even changed the plugin ID (or something like that) Their fault. But it is worth a try as step one.

• Rikk Show
    Options

I wasn't clear. I make libraries of Refills. I can get the Rack Plugin graphics to show in plugin view, but not the library graphics. The library graphics only show while browsing.

• Kymeia
    Options

Ah sorry I thought when you were referring to plugin and browser views you meant the 2 different screens on the keyboard

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022
    Options

To be fair it isn't really their fault, NI don't appear to have communicated with all their NKS partners about the changes (eg u-he) so some migrate (eg AAS) but some don't.

• Rikk Show
    Options

I've tried to bulk tag the presets inside Diva, but I cannot figure out how to "drag onto a tag". Can you please explain.

• Rikk Show
    Options

I think this limitation has been discussed before. I guess we need some dare devil to hack a db file or something to make it work.😲

The AAS patches works beautifully, so 3rd party libraries obviously make the library files show up in plugin view. But maybe any hack will be lost as NI updates stuff in the background. Some day maybe...

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options

If we are referring now to the S Series Mk II keyboard, as I said above it's a question of where you place the image thumbnails - see the info.txt file in the NKS user library (or my comment above) for details

• Rikk Show
    Options

Excellent! Unfortunately the Diva tags did not transfer over to the NKS I make. Not sure what is happening. I cannot see why the NKS get some different tags, but not the tags the presets have in Diva. Strange actually.

• Kymeia
    Options

They have done for me but in some cases they get changed to an equivalent - uhe made sure they stayed close to tags used by NKS but they are not 100% the same so sometimes they get translated

• Rikk Show
    Options

Here are NKS for some freebie FXs. All made in Windows with VST3 plugin.

Royal Compressor - currently free at AudioDeluxe with a purchase.

Waves StudioRack, free VST3 fx host (Really a must have with parallel and mid/side processing, 8 macros)

Bassline - a new plugin that generates side harmonics while keeping the original bass mono