How to Sell Second Hand Maschine MK3

ajptaurus1405
ajptaurus1405 Member Posts: 5 Member

I'm wanting to sell my Maschine MK3 and the new owner wants the transfer of the original hardware and software for the Machine MK3 to work properly.

I'm finding in the transfer list that I can indeed transfer the hardware, but the software (the original Komplete 11 and Maschnie MK2 for Maschine MK3 ISN'T transferrable from my list).

This has cost me a sale and a fee on top via Ebay because I cannot transfer this software that goes along with this unit to the new owner.

Any ideas on how I can sell this unit and transfer software that makes this unit work and the original software it came with (sounds etc "Komplete 11") so that I can sell it?

Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Tagged:

Comments

• ajptaurus1405
    edited November 2022

Please see the transferrable hardware, but the 2 softwares for maschine mk3 aren't trasnferrable how can the new owner access it?

• rcmusic35
    rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper

When you'll ask for the hardware to be transferred, the linked softwares will be automatically transferred by NI with the hardware transfer. Unless you have an EDU licence.

• ajptaurus1405

Thanks so much for that @rcmusic35 really appreciate it, I knew there had to be a way that the software would go with the initial maschine.

My other question around that is, if I've upgraded the software in the meantime would it still transfer with newer upgraded versions that I've since paid for?

• rcmusic35
    rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper

If you purchase an upgrade or a crossgrade of software that is linked to the hardware, i believe they will be disable till you buy the original software again. Better chat with NI about this

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Only the softwares tied to the hardware will be transferred. The upgrades/crossgrades you've bought afterwards are your own.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

It's a bad idea to post pictures in public forums with your serial numbers, I censured your image. In the future pls be careful.

• AlexOne
    AlexOne Member Posts: 4 Member

I own a powerful Komplete S61 MKII with Komplete 14 Standard and I am going to buy a used Maschine mk3 hardware from a seller and play them together. Do I need to ask for a license transfer in order to use Maschine MK3 or can I plug and play with registering the serial contained inside the black booklet or below the device and use my Komplete 14 Suite?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited September 2023

Yes you do, ask if the buyer has a transfer ID ready and do not buy until he does, keep the convo within whatever app/site you're using to buy in case you need to provide proof the seller confirmed he had a transfer ID code. If the buyer doesn't have it or respond then buy from someone else.

Requesting a transfer ID request can take anywhere from 10min to 2 days from my experience, i think for HW it's usually 2 days.

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 63 Helper

Besides D-One answer, getting the License Transfer ID will also allow you to register for a Maschine Full Factory library instead of just Maschine Factory Selection which you currently have for Komplete keyboard.

• ajptaurus1405

Thank you so much D-One for doing that and sorry for the delayed reply, I only just checked now and do appreciate your help with that, I will be careful in the future, I thought this was Native Instruments support directly and not a public forum... Thanks for your help.