Help required to get started with Komplete Kontrol Keyboard

Jimster
Jimster Member Posts: 16 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

So we have the kontakt keyboard s7 and all was okay untill I changed my hard drive now seems to wor in komplete kontakt stand alone on the PC but the instruments are not showing up in the kontakt keyboard browser I'm getting sound when I'm playing the keyboard but just not showing instruments in the keyboard itself please can someone help

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

So by "kontakt Keyboard" you mean the "Komplete Kontrol" keyboard (and possibly the S series" ? Also, there is nk "S7 version, there is the S series and I think you may have Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol confused as the same thing, they are 2 different things.

If you are using the keyboard directly with Kontakt then no, you will not see the instruments on the keyboard because the keyboard requires Komplete Kontrol which is the librarian for the keyboard, it happens to catalogue all the Kontakt libraries (and also any other instruments you own with ability to also add custom libraries such as ones from my signature).

So in order to use the keyboard correctly you want to load up Komplete Kontrol and then that can be used to browse Kontakt libraries and they can then be loaded within KK and controlled.

• Jimster

Okay thanks for your reply so on my computer I have loaded komplete control program however the keyboard doesn't see the instruments and none of the buttons are lit how do I get it to work from the keyboard

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Make sure you're library is correctly installed by following our step by step article below:

My KOMPLETE KONTROL Browser is Empty or Incomplete

Let us know if that helps!

• Jimster

Many thanks for this info I have now got the instruments showing up in the keyboard but now if I start up any of the other NI programs on the desktop they dont work as stand alone so if I load up massive for instance on the desktop it won't work from the desktop I'm getting a midi signal but no sound I've reset the driver and updated the driver but still nothing also to get thing to work though the keyboard I have to load guitar rig 6 first then it finds the driver I then have to close guitar rig 6 then open komplete control it then works through the keyboard I cannot get any of the effects to work neither

• Jimster

All sorted many thanks to the above people who helped us

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
  • Jimster

After taking the advice from the above people that got part of it working then it was mainly drivers it can be a pain in the ass I think there is still maybe one or two issues with it but we can live with that at least most is working fine computers can be a tad tempremental