Beatport and Beatsource crackling

funkycisto
funkycisto Member Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I started the free trial of both services to figure out which one suits my needs best and I have to say that they are both great except for a common problem, when I play the tracks they croak (like when you over-reduce the card buffer samples audio) especially when playing kick and bass together.

I checked the eqs, the filters, the compressors, the settings of the Z2, practically everything but nothing changes. The problem occurs both with Beatport and therefore with tracks not saved in memory (online only) and with Beatsource with tracks downloaded and saved for offline use.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

Β«134

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

So far we've only received reports of audio crackling when Ozone Maximizer is turned on. Did you have it enabled when the problem occurs?

• Niiqo
    Niiqo Member Posts: 10 Member

I had same issue since mid august (before everything sounds nice), i have sound crackling but only if i use Beatport streaming, mp3 sounds normally.

I tested : tweak buffer and quality, ASIO or not, with my S3 or not, reinstalling last version of traktor, different old version, fresh new install of Windows 11 : same issue.

But i solved the problem when i came back to Windows 10, i don't know if it's the same bug but maybe it will help you.

Specs : 5600x | 3080 | 16GB RAM | Focusrite Solo | S3

• funkycisto

yes but I also tried to change limiter with Transparent or to keep the limiters completely off but the problem remains. I have noticed that some times, if I stop everything with the tracks loaded on the deck and a few minutes pass, the problem decreases a lot

• funkycisto
  • funkycisto

I confirm that the problem is Windows 11, I tried it on Windows 10 and everything works perfectly

• Niiqo

Very weird, are we the only two people to have used beatport streaming on windows 11 ? πŸ˜…

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Not to diminish anyones problem. I dj on the S8 and the S4mk3 with Windows 11 on a 2021 Hp Envy and an Asus Rog14 2020. No issues as of the latest Traktor 3.6.1.

• Niiqo

Ok thanks for sharing. So it looks like it's not windows 11 itself, maybe a driver with windows 11

• zephry

Since it is happening specifically with streaming and was fixed for some by switching back to Windows 10.

I would look at possible ethernet drivers or wireless drivers causing Dpc Latency with Traktor. I only use Windows Defender, other security or web monitoring should be disabled.

Also what is everyone's Latency set at? Typically I can use the S4mk3 or S8 Asio driver (not Asio4all and none of the Wasapi drivers) in the controller panel I use 48khz, 256 or 512 Latency and a 3ms buffer.

Is everyone using the latest Traktor version?

• Pedro_NI
    Pedro_NI Customer Care Posts: 11 mod

Hello @zephry

Can you tell which Windows 11 build are you running?

• zephry

For the Asus. Windows 11 Home

22H2 OS build 22621.521

I don't have access to the HP at the moment.

• zephry
    edited October 2022

Well damn, started up the S4mk3 on my Asus Rog tonight and there is now crackling. It seems to be on the low end sounds and mainly transients?

I have never had an issue like this on any software? It almost sounds like an overdrive effect hitting on the kicks only? Very strange.

Edited here. The crackling issue is also using my ur242 soundcard.

• zephry

Ok update. Fixed my crackles and issue by rolling back to Windows version 21H2

OS build is now 22000.98

I tested a Beatport track against the same track I had purchased. Both sounded exactly the same.

• zephry

I have disabled Windows updates via tweaked registry.

I checked firewalls and my ethernet settings. There is no issue with dpc latency (cpu spikes). And all other drives and tracks play normally.

Since it seems to be the lowend frequency and the waveform isn't skipping, I would guess that something is causing the tracks to be messed up during the download to the temporary folder.

• d_j_m
    d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper

Having the same problem here. Really don't feel like going back to Windows 10 if I don't have to - spent last night having fun finding music elsewhere but I have liked my Beatport Link membership for playing around with stuff before I add it to my collection. The crackling just started two days ago though, despite installing the latest Windows 11 update on 10/7/22.

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

Installed on β€Ž10/β€Ž7/β€Ž2022

OS build 22621.674

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0