Has anyone got a fix for the checkout "an error has occurred" problem when purchasing NI software?

UglyBoy
UglyBoy Member Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2022 in Native Access

Hi, I have been trying to buy some plugins for the past couple of days and whenever I get to the checkout, input my details, and try complete the transaction, I am getting the error message "an occurred while processing your request". I have contacted my bank and no restrictions or blocks are on my account, I have tried with both Chrome and Firefox(same result), I have even spoken to the tech team and they can't figure it out. Has anyone got a fix for this issue as I really need to get my head into my project and this is just annoying the hell out of my OCD

Best Answer

Answers

• JoeP
    JoeP Member Posts: 1 Member

Make sure to turn off any vpn

• UglyBoy

I am not using a vpn. Every other online transaction I make works fine. I have turned off adblockers, my antivirus plugins, and even tried various browsers. The bank says everything is fine on my end so it it must be something with NI.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@UglyBoy You would need to get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_OP

• UglyBoy

I have spoken to your support team and still no closer to resolving this. Here is what they said

"Akira @ NI (Native Instruments)

Sep 9, 2022, 17:34 GMT+2

Thank you. I reported this issue to the corresponding team.

But I assume that we are not going to be able to fix it soon. 

Could you try it on another browser and let us know if it works or not? 

Best regards,

Akira @ NI

I have spoken to my bank: no issue with them.

I have tried various different browsers: same issue.

I have tried from my phone: same issue.

I have tried without a vpn: same issue.

I am stumped as to what could be the problem. I have the funds to pay for the product, and I honestly don't know what the issue is here.

• Jeremy_NI

@UglyBoy Then please tell the last part to my colleagues. They are the ones in charge of such cases. Your case has already be escalated and is being looked into. As soon as progress has been made you'll be informed. Unfortunately we can't help you more in this forum.

• UglyBoy

I have done this numerous times now and I am still waiting on a response. I hope this gets resolved soon as I really do want to subscribe to the Komplete Now package as I am trying to get into creating music and would love to have these tools available to me.

• Jeremy_NI

@UglyBoy Yes, I hope so too, sorry, this didn't happen before, so it might take a little while to figure out what's going on here. I'll keep an eye on this.

• UglyBoy

Thank you, I appreciate your looking into this. If there is another way for me to sub to the software I want, please let me know. I am unable to use PayPal as my bank is the only place I have a regular income to cover the monthly instalments.

• Jeremy_NI

@UglyBoy With Paypal you can choose several bank accounts or payment cards and choose which one will be used by purchase (or recurring purchase). One of them could be your bank account.

• UglyBoy

I know, but I would rather minimize who has my personal bank details and PayPal does not meet minimum security standards for my taste. If I can't use my bank then I will just have to find another company that I can do business with. It would be a shame because I really like NI products, but being unable to perform something as simple as securing a bank transaction is becoming a bit annoying

• UglyBoy

Well, after countless attempts via my bank card, I have finally had to concede defeat. nothing was working. Every other online transaction I make works fine, but for some reason NI just doesn't work properly when trying to purchase a product with a card, so I have had to go through PayPal(which is very unsecure) and now I can pay for the products I want.