Battery 4 Library not showing in application on Windows 11

documento
documento Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

I just installed Battery 4 on my Windows 11 PC and the Library is not showing up in the application even though the folder path seems correct in the settings. I can navigate to the library files and load kits but the library function is not working. You also don't have the option to modify the library path in the settings dialog

I installed it on my Windows 10 laptop with no issues. Library access is as expected.

The NI support site says Battery 4 is supported on Windows 11. Perhaps it supports the upgrade but not a fresh install of battery 4?

System info:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎1/‎11/‎2022

OS build 22000.434

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

In the end, this issue was solved by uninstalling Battery 4 and the BAttery 4 Factory Library using our NIUninstallRegTool and then reinstalling everything with Native Access.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

The kits are not showing in the Library section ? Can you post a screenshot of that section as well ?

It could be a permission issue, please try running Battery and the DAW you are using it into as administrator:

Run as Administrator in Windows 11

• documento

Tried running as Administrator. Same result.

I can navigate to the library in "C:\Users\Public\Battery 4 Factory Library\Documents\Kits" and load all the kits in the Files section. Its just not possible at the moment to access the same kits through the Library section.

Thanks,

Joe

• documento

Sorry... I guess it takes time for reponses to show up.

I can load and play all the Library kits from the Filers section. Its just not available as a "Library" with the associated categorizations that are available when running in Windows 10.

Joe

• Jeremy_NI

Hey documento, Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply earlier. You can try reset Battery's database by deleting this folder: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Battery 4

Then open Battery, it should rebuild it's database. If that doesn't solve the issue, try disabling your antivirus and firewall.

• documento

Thanks for the reply @Jeremy_NI

Nope. Didn't help. Deleted Directory. Turned off Zone Alarm. Same Antivirus on both Windows 10 where it is working and Windows 11 machines. Firewall was already off.

Same result. 😥

Is there some debug logging that can be turned on to show the failure??

Thanks,

Joe

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @documento I created a ticket and contacted you by email, we need more information on your system.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

In the end, this issue was solved by uninstalling Battery 4 and the BAttery 4 Factory Library using our NIUninstallRegTool and then reinstalling everything with Native Access.

• wrbones
    wrbones Member Posts: 9 Member

I am now having almost the same issue on Win11. I bought a new laptop and did a fresh install but Battery has paid no attention whatsoever to the file paths I am using and only looks in the default location, which the user cannot change. I have tried reinstalling and running as Admin, both to no avail. Kontakt and Reaktor (both just the Player versions) have no such problems, they find all my content in the location I have chosen. Literally everything else I've installed is working perfectly, this issue is confined strictly to Battery 4.20, standalone and VSTi.

Another annoyance is that Battery doesn't prompt me to locate the content when I load a song. It's not until I realise the drums are missing that I remember that Battery isn't working properly.

My laptop is an Asus UX482 running Windows 11 Home, Build 21H2 (64 bit, fully up to date)

Intel Core i7-1165G7

16GB RAM

nVidia MX450 graphics

I don't run any anti-virus, other than what comes with Windows, and the correct path for my content is C:\CONTENT\NI_MEDIA, so it has nothing to do with permissions. The same path works perfectly on my old Win10 machine.

• wrbones

Another symptom that's probably worth mentioning is that the "Search Library" button isn't available when I am looking for the samples.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @wrbones The issue of the OP was with the Factory Library of Battery 4. Is it also your case or is it for user samples and kits ? In that case it's a different issue. The issue was fixed for the OP by uninstalling completely Battery 4 and the Battery 4 Factory Library using this app: NIUninstallRegTool and then installing them again from Native Access.

• wrbones

My problem is with the Factory Library and Expansions. I will try uninstalling using that tool and let you know how it goes.

• wrbones

That link doesn't work. It goes to Google Drive, where the file shows as only 14kb, but I get a 404 error -

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

It looks like the file didn't upload correctly, so another 24 hours until I can get a fix, I suppose.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @wrbones Sorry about the link, it seems it is broken indeed, but here you can find a link that is more permanent: Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

If the issue is also with Expansions, did you move files or folders after installation for these ? If you have, then you will need to repair the installation with Native Access. If you haven't and Battery 4 still doesn't find the expansion kits, then you would need to delete this folder: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Battery 4. This will reset the database.

Then you would need to open Battery 4 in standalone and wait for the database to be rebuilt.

If you still have issues, I will contact you by email, or if you don't feel like waiting again you can contact our support agents directly, here is a link: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery

• wrbones

I followed the instructions but the problem persists. The way I set it up was that I moved the content from my old laptop to my new one, in a different location. I set the content folder in Native Access, installed the software and "added" my 3rd party libraries and expansions.

In an act of desperation, I also reinstalled the Battery 4 Factory Library but that didn't make any difference, either. Battery still thinks the library is in my user files and the "Search Library" button is still greyed out.

Feel free to get in touch via email, it's easier than this forum for me. But it's after 1am here so I won't see anything now until morning.

• wrbones

This is weird - since reinstalling the library, it no longer shows up in the default paths in Preferences in the VSTi, but my expansions are there and Battery can see them. The standalone Battery can see everything and seems to work as it should. I'm using the latest version of Studio One Pro.