Backspin sound settings

stdIOfab
stdIOfab Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi, is it possible to adjust the backspin sound effect from Traktor? I think there’s a huge difference between rekordbox and traktor sound when backspin. My goal is something like this (00m 58s)

but at the moment my backspin on a kontrol S4 mk3 sounds more like this (02m 38s):

Someone has an idea how to achieve that sound? Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ejub Petrovac
    Ejub Petrovac Member Posts: 25 Advisor
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

@Kaiwan_NI @stdIOfab

No matter how you adjust the torque in JOG mode (in TT mode it's not adjustable), the backspin will behave (and sound) the same because it's designed like that.

The workaround can be to set the lowest possible torque in JOG mode and spin it forward instead of backwards. I know it's not the same thing, but since the spin is so quick, you won't notice that much of the sound difference between front and back spin at that speed 🙂

Worth knowing: lowest torque in JOG mode makes the jogs really loose, so I would stop them after the spin immediately. I don't know if that much quick spinning can damage them, but I wouldn't risk it.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @stdIOfab have you tried adjusting the torque on the S4 to see if it makes any difference? When it comes to adjusting backspin speed/sound from within Traktor Pro 3 itself I don't think there's an option for that... Maybe you can opt for adding effects instead?

• Ejub Petrovac
    Ejub Petrovac Member Posts: 25 Advisor
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

@Kaiwan_NI @stdIOfab

No matter how you adjust the torque in JOG mode (in TT mode it's not adjustable), the backspin will behave (and sound) the same because it's designed like that.

The workaround can be to set the lowest possible torque in JOG mode and spin it forward instead of backwards. I know it's not the same thing, but since the spin is so quick, you won't notice that much of the sound difference between front and back spin at that speed 🙂

Worth knowing: lowest torque in JOG mode makes the jogs really loose, so I would stop them after the spin immediately. I don't know if that much quick spinning can damage them, but I wouldn't risk it.

• stdIOfab
    stdIOfab Member Posts: 7 Member

Yes, unfortunately I've already tried your technique but the sound is completely different 😣

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

NI should get back to S4 MK3 and fix overmapping capabilities. If jogwheel was remappable then we could fix this inside the Controller Manager in a matter of minutes.