Why is GR6 not rendering presets with a signal?

Juan Benavides
Juan Benavides Member Posts: 4 Member

My GR6 just stopped rendering presets even with a signal being received from the audio interface. All that is passing through is the clean guitar sound from my Focusrite 18i20. No effects or distortion are being reflected at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Juan Benavides
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. The tuner had the mute function turned on, and wasn't letting the sound through, so I was just hearing the clean Focsurite monitoring.

Answers

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member

I assume you are running GR6 Standalone(Not using a DAW). If you are on a Mac I might be able to help.

For now...

By looking at your screenshot, I would 1st try to switch audio input to the L position like the screenshot below . If that doesn't do it we can try some other things. If it works and you"d like an explanation let me know otherwise I'm sure you can figure it out.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

Also check if the “power on” icon is yellow (as shown in the screenshot op CRS). Otherwise you’re listening to the clean input of the Focusrite in monitoring.

Grtz

• Juan Benavides

Yes, just the standalone. I have my guitar on Focusrite channel 2 assigned the R in GR6. Switching to L loses the input signal its' receiving, so nothing. I did check it through my DAW, and it does run the presets properly there. Not sure what is going on.

• Juan Benavides
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. The tuner had the mute function turned on, and wasn't letting the sound through, so I was just hearing the clean Focsurite monitoring.

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member

Nice I'm glad you figured it out. I'm going to have to keep that in mind in case I experience the same issue. It's funny because there are so many ways this could have happened. Good Troubleshooting...

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

And it was shown in the screenshot… I should have noticed that 😌 But I’m glad it’s solved!