Moved samples to new drives, old Cubase projects, and "batch re-save."

Pierceful
Pierceful Member Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hello!

Windows 10, i9-x7900, 128GB memory, Cubase Pro 10, Kontakt 5.8.1 (and 6, but that's only 3-4 instances).

I recently got x2 2TB M.2 drives to replace a 4TB HDD and moved over all my libraries to them. I have dozens of old projects that I will need to revisit, each of them floating between 250 and 300 channels with Kontakt. If I try opening one of these projects, the dreaded "Content Missing" dialogue box from Kontakt appears. I have gone through the locating process of each of the missing libraries for one project and that took several hours—I want to avoid doing that again, let alone dozens of times.

I'm trying to find a permanent fix that will always redirect the locating process to their new location and globally resolve this issue for all projects. I ran Native Access and "repaired" all the missing libraries and that has worked for libraries in the "Libraries" tab of Kontakt, but the libraries found in the "Files" tab (about 80-85% of the instruments in my template) continue to be a problem. Several inquiries about this in the past point to "batch resave" as the solution. However, I have done this several times on both drives—I have also tried doing that by folders individually. Either way, I continue to get the "Content Missing" dialogue box whenever I try to load a project.

Shouldn't this work? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Pierce

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Pierceful
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Someone else on another forum suggested this and it does indeed work! However my samples were originally on 1 HDD and now they're split onto 2 M.2s, so I'll still have some "Content Missing," though far fewer than before.... This is a successful work-around in case I can't find a global solution, but I'd still hope to find an actual solution!

Thanks for your comment, it's much appreciated it!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,351 mod

Give to your new drive the same letter (should be E:\, judging by your photo) as your old drive, then give to your folders exactly the same names as they appeared in your old drive (E:\VSTi Libraries\ etc. etc), and try again! It should work!

• Pierceful
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Someone else on another forum suggested this and it does indeed work! However my samples were originally on 1 HDD and now they're split onto 2 M.2s, so I'll still have some "Content Missing," though far fewer than before.... This is a successful work-around in case I can't find a global solution, but I'd still hope to find an actual solution!

Thanks for your comment, it's much appreciated it!

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,351 mod

so, put them all again in one HDD! problem solved... 😉

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

For non-Kontakt Player content, you have the new option (since Kontakt 6.6) in Options->Loading, that sets the base path for such libraries. So that you can refer to them by relative paths, which also helps in transitioning projects between multiple machines (even if they're PC then Mac). What matters is that all libraries are laid out in subfolders under this path exactly the same across all machines. You can use symbolic links to libraries spread over multiple drives to achieve this.

This won't fix your existing projects, but it will resolve the issue for any future projects you might do, if you set things up properly with this non-Player content base path.